1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pandemic Work from Home Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Keeping a framework of the company, if possible, is vital if you want to ever come back. It sucks to have to lay off people but if you aren't there later, there's nothing to come back to.

The biggest issue that I have seen for years is the bloat and redundancy at the top of successful companies. The leadership makes 10x more and there are many of them and the ship goes down with all of these captains drinking champagne. However, I am finally seeing some golden fat being trimmed from these big corporations which is encouraging.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just wondering how OP is doing. there's evidence from other forums that he's not doing too well. @SamFisher you okay??

@tinman can you check on Sam for me?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@SamFisher needs upgrade his 90s Window 95 Packard Bell into something more modern like a MacbookPro and dual 4K monitors
    and use zoom for his video conferencing.

Maybe he needs to listen to better music too.

TWS1986 and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@SamFisher turned into Bishop in the movie Juice

5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

My company has moved us back to home, since Hidalgo's new orders. I went ahead and ordered a new desk (nothing expensive or fancy), but figured I might as well treat this as something that isn't about to go away.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Xerobull

Power. Respect. Juice.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just hit by sales goal. I need a cigarette. I don’t smoke but holy **** this has been a stressful month.

9. Xerobull

Never fails. I decide to take a nap and **** hits the fan. Get back on the computer, have 100 new emails in an hour, several blinking IM windows.

10. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

delete

#230 McNultyisDrunk, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Heard today we probably aren't going back to the office till some point in 2022.

I've enjoyed the time at home. Wife and I had our first kid in March 2020... Finishing the last couple weeks I have leftover from my 12 weeks parental bonding time from work by taking half day Thursdays and off on Fridays...

It's been tough at times... But I love being home with her.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Xerobull

@Uprising I doubt office space will ever be the same for anyone who just bangs on a PC or goes to meetings all day. Office space is shrinking as companies end leases. Why pay for all of that room and utilities when your employees will happily do it themselves? I know I am. I haven't been to a work site for actual work in three months.

Uprising likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bless your heart.

arkoe and Xerobull like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Me, not since July. July.

Uprising and Xerobull like this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not since March 13!

ROXTXIA likes this.
  16. Xerobull

It was weird to get dressed for work. Cowboy boots are still comfy, though.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Mine would be the same (that's when we returned from the Yucatan vacation, spring break) except for a job I had to do at the 96% empty office.

Nevertheless, you win, Mitch.

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I took the week of March 9th off and got the email not to come back into the office sometime during that week while I was out. So haven't been in or had a reason to stop by since March 6th.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I've always hated working from home, as I need people and conversations...But I have since March of 2020, and the isolation sucked at first, but I have grown to like it I have gone into the office every once in awhile since about August, but late last year they opened it up, voluntary, to come in and I go in 2 times a week now. I like the flexibility...

20. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

They make us go in 3 days a week now. For no real reason. I go in, close my office door, and have meetings virtually with the people sitting in other offices.

Today my wife took a nap though, and wouldn't/couldn't wake up (we have a 3 month old, 3 year old, and 6 year old). So I stopped work around 4:45 and started cooking dinner. Kids were just bothering me too much.

They anticipated going back to office full time February 1st. I don't really know why, other than our majority shareholder owns the building we lease in. And I'm sure they want it to be as full as possible.