1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd Trump Impeachment Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 6, 2021.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So, while I hear you, I could summarize what you're saying this way:
    If you try to hold him accountable, you risk making his cult -- which is already deluded enough to ignore all rational evidence, any voice but his, and even attempt an overthrow of the US government that now includes murdering a cop -- more deluded.

I don't see how they could possibly get more devoted to him or more deluded than they already are.

DVauthrin, Rashmon, glynch and 4 others like this.
  2. RESINator

RESINator Member

So we should capitulate to his and his rabid, unwell and volatile base?

An absence of action now continues to strengthen their cause leaving them unchecked.

DVauthrin, glynch, Dubious and 4 others like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

At first I was against impeachment. Mainly because Trump will be out of office soon, and we have so many other problems with Covid and all. But, as I watch the videos of the riot, and I hear the words spoken at the rally by Trump, I feel something has to be done. Impeachment could send a message to future presidents that what Trump did was very very wrong and must never be repeated.

I would suggest that Congress do this impeachment as quickly as possible. Trump will be out of office by the time the senate will act. But, get all these lawmakers on record and then quickly move on to the many problems relating to the pandemic.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. To put it bluntly saying we shouldn't hold Trump and his enablers to account because his supporters might get even more violent is terrorism.

One thing I've frequently noted is that Trump and his supporters keep on talking about the millions that voted for him and that the country needs to listen to them. Yes they are a significant factor in the country but we also need to remember that millions more voted against Trump. I agree we can't just ignore Trump and his supporters but to say we have to cater to them and overturn our norms and system just so they aren't angry would be appeasement and will lead to even more chaos as losing parties in future elections will use the same playbook.

DVauthrin and No Worries like this.
  5. B-Bob

The Turtle already playing standard turtle games though, as if having Congressional lives threatened is part of a grand political game. He's going to push off the Senate hearing past inauguration and then, we assume, drag it out as much as possible to cripple Biden's own agenda. La-di-da, just another day of gamesmanship.

Dubious and ElPigto like this.
  6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'd love to go back to 1700s and put him before a firing squad but those days are gone.

So I'm just saying this could be feeding his base. Starve his base. Now they will continue to live on the lie of election fraud, but quench the flames with some reform (like what FL did after 2000). If they have no more food to live on, they will have to live on the hate they had before (think Obama years). They won't have enough conviction that take them any further than social media whining..

Arrest as many as you can that stormed the capital and throw the book at them. Send Secret Service and FBI to visit all the people making social media threats. They'll be busy but this needs to get done anyway.

Assuming he gives himself a pardon on the way out the door, his consequences are still in strong evidence state lawsuits (which there will be many) and maybe even some civil suits. Sadly he'll probably never spend real time behind bars but he'll be distracted appealing the decisions for the rest of his life.

#326 ArtV, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    B-Bob likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The House should impeach. Pelosi should tell McConnell that she will send over the House prosecutors sometime in the Summer of 2024 or 2028, since the House needs time to “build its case”.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. biina

biina Member

Republicans will never impeach Trump until the know not doing it will cost them power. The Dems have done nothing to put that pressure on them.

Dems need to stop accusing just Trump of inciting riots, but tag the entire GOP, particularly all those officials that were objecting to the election result. All of them are culpable.

This is a clear opportunity to put the existence of the GOP at risk, but am sure the Dems will miss out on it.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. B-Bob

That's a ****ing beautiful idea. It would out-McConnell McConnell.

Yung-T, Dubious and No Worries like this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

12. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, gym jordan expresses concern for the need for unity... after leading efforts to overturn the election...

Blatz likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. Xerobull

Snake pit.

If they hold someone accountable, someone will hold them accountable.

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If you want to starve his base, you boycott sponsors on Fox, Newxsmax and OAN

DVauthrin, No Worries and Blatz like this.
  16. Xerobull

You got a list? Happy to not give those companies money unless I absolutely have to.

1. MyPillow

17. Xerobull

So true: our forefathers would have not only kicked him out, he would be in irons waiting for a treason trial.

No Worries, BigM, ArtV and 2 others like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

19. Xerobull

20. Xerobull

Who dat vixen on the right?