1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Dan the "Let me back pedal on my Bestie now" Crenshaw.

Reeko, No Worries, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

How many times has trump and his enablers incited violence towards the press by call them "the enemy of the people"...

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so captain america didn't tell them himself?

deb4rockets and mdrowe00 like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As most here know the worst of the events following George Floyd's death was in my neighborhood. Businesses that I go to, where I know the owners were burned and looted. I called that destruction for what it was, madness that not only was unhelpful for the cause of social justice but hurt many of the poor people of color that these protests were meant to help. I will say again that for people to rationalize excuse those actions with statements like "riot is the language of the unheard," or "people over property" is very unhelpful and has only added to the chaos that we've seen this past year.

That doesn't mean that anything that happened in the US Capitol should be excused or rationalized as what it is. A literal assault on democracy.

This is the worst "what-aboutism" to draw some equivalency regarding how people spoke about the riots following the death of George Floyd. Any arguments about how the press treated those who were destroying and looting then versus what we saw two days ago is misdirection and just feeding grievance. Even though there are similarities in that these were incidents of protests that spiraled into violence they are separate events with very different motivations behind them.

Worse than what-aboutism it's more blatant hypocrisy to argue that since some in the media, politicians or liberals might've been sympathetic regarding BLM, Antifa or any other group associated with Left that somehow the Proud Boys and others who invaded the Capitol should be considered sympathetically. It's essentially admitting that you know what happened was wrong but "Antifa...."

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

They always come in busloads. This is our Attorney General speaking. Mr. Fight for Power & a Pardon now, as fast as I can because this ship is sinking and I know what we did to fuel this fire Paxton.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. cdastros

cdastros Member

11. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Another victim of Trumps actions and this time it was a cop. As per reports, many of the protestors (terrorists) were off-duty cops and veterans. They must be feeling proud to do all this for their orange king. Oh wait, they are sociopaths so they feel nothing except believe everything that Trump says.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Many of the violent trump-incited terrorists used public transportation to get to the riot. Many stayed in local hotels. Many used social media to connect with fellow trump supporters. Many seemed all to happy to get camera time during the riot. I would think identifying and arresting those that participate would be easy... we already saw a company CEO called out.

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks. I'll keep looking.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Ted Fuking Cruz is now calling "great patriots" terrorists? Lol

Cruz, Hawler, Giuliani and Trump should be charged with inciting violence and sedition, and my guess is that there is more than sufficient evidence to convict them.

15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Scratching my head trying to decide is lying ted cruz more of a trump bootlicker or more of a hypocrite? Whatever he is, he a disgrace. Wish he would do the honorable thing and resign. He is an embarrassment to Texas.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's the best caricature of a politician in our lifetime. He's a Canadian Cuban who's name is Raphael that managed to convince Texans his name is Ted. He's something out of Fiction.

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...what I would hope for, my friend...is that there is sufficient courage to convict them...;)

Rashmon, VooDooPope and deb4rockets like this.
  18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The saddest thing about a shitstain like Cruz?

this is what he’s always been and has demonstrated it his whole career...

...and yet so many of my fellow Texans still keep him in power.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

He is a narcissistic opportunist that will take any tact that he perceives advances his power and status. Crenshaw same.

(purely anecdotal) I just talked to a family member that is a financial advisor to billionaires. He said Cruz and Crenshaw are now dead to the money supply. I told him that in his discussions with them he should suggest Rep. Adam Kinzinger for support if they are looking for GOP youth to rebuild the party.

20. RESINator

RESINator Member

And here we go... teleprompter Trump deactivated.

VooDooPope, CometsWin and mdrowe00 like this.