1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. RESINator

RESINator Member

Ouch. Cancel culture strikes again. :rolleyes:. Who woulda thunk participating in a violent insurrection would result in tangible consequences?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is going too far. Loosing your job because you were a part of a insurrection on the nation's capitol?

What next? Getting fired for using the wrong pronoun?

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

We have to stop after your first comments. Show me one post where I have called BLM a terror organization. When you can't you'll be full of **** as always.

I denounce every single one of these groups who are looting and destroying things. Whether it's the assholes from yesterday, BLM, Proud Boys, Antifa....they are all garbage to me

4. fchowd0311

When you equate BLM to Proud Boys and equalize them because you saw a few instances of riots from poor angry black people and ignoring all the context around it is a pretty obvious dog whistle to me. Have enough experience in a right wing bubble to feel these things out.

Right leaning people who don't want to be seen as insane by the public are the ones now spamming this "both sides" narrative. It's a coping mechanism.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Doesn't look like the Capitol Police are complicit here - quite the opposite.

Does look like they are woefully unprepared and have deployed inadequate forces:

AleksandarN, K mf G, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Because they are
    Anyone Supporting is a White Supremacist and a traitor to this country

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good

Rocket River
    they will quietly hire him back in 3 weeks

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You're full of ****

Astrodome and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Where were the Rubber bullets?
    Where were the Teargas?
    They knew this was coming .. . they been saying it all month

Rocket River

Rashmon and clos4life like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Spot on

Rocket River

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'd love to go back a few months and revisit all those posts by people like SpaceGhost who ridiculed people who called this, and explained how Trump and his cult would literally plot to stay in power either by Constitutional loopholes & reinterpretations, or by chaotic mechanisms to allow those Constitutional reinterpretations to take place.

Many folks here.... even among the more liberal posters here called me an alarmist by simply explaining 12th amendment mechanisms for forcing a House vote to keep Trump in power, and they acted as though this could never happen.

I wish I would have been wrong at the time. I really do.... but unfortunately, what is happening is actually happening. There's just not point anymore of living in lala land thinking that the system will just protect itself.

Right now there is no system protecting our Democracy. We are literally relying on a party more than half filled of bad actors trying to destroy Democracy to do the right thing.

And while we are in the business of predicting worst case scenarios, I'm here to say that the half of the Republican party that is standing up now in the end (while they ALL took advantage of the radical fascist movement of Trumpism the past 4 years) for Democracy will very very soon be beaten and exorcised from their party, and it will ALL be Gym Jordan's and Matt Geatz types and Ted Cruz types. There will be no more Mitt Romney's or even Mitch McConnell's. Unless there is a complete overnight cleansing of the Right Wing propaganda sphere of cult extremist influence, this movement will primary every single one of these Republicans, and beat them.

It's really up to the Democrats being able to hold government long enough for the Trumpist Cult to have so little governing power that they finally die out. The 2022 Elections will be again one of the most important reckonings for our Constitutional Republic in the history of our country. The Trumpist Republicans cannot be allowed to take control of the House and Senate.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe it's hard to see it in one's own posts, but yeah you've been smug. It's alright, I've been accused of being smug, elitist, and a bunch of other stuff, probably justifiably. I always do find it amusing how posters are able to zero-in on perceived slights right away, even when they don't really want to comment on the main point of the post they're responding to. But I try (and sometimes fail) to make it my policy to not offend others here. So if you were offended by my smugly adverb, I apologize and take it back.

As for Antifa/BLM, I'm not nearly so worried about them. There is a fraction of them that think they can achieve their ends with violence, either proactively perpetrated or to meet other violence. They seem to like the Pacific coast. They're idiots. They should be prosecuted just like any Capitol-occupying Proud Boy. But that wing doesn't seem to be ascendant in the antifa/BLM movement. The bulk of it preaches non-violence. The discipline isn't always there, especially with spontaneous reactions to new police killings. But organized events aren't that dangerous. Likewise, a lot of Trumpers are just waving flags, they pick up their trash and don't cause trouble. But the neo-fascists seem to have the momentum now in a way violent antifa organizations definitely do not.

BigM, ROXRAN and joshuaao like this.
  13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

amazing how you proved his point immediately

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Forgive me. I’ve been busy on Facebook congratulating all the new self proclaimed libertarians that are now championing the brave stance of “well both sides are bad!” after polluting my feed with their dumb views the last 4 years.

joshuaao, jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Why are people calling this an insurrection when everyone was pretty much unarmed? And yes it was a mass trespass from my eyes , this had zero coordination or plan.

No cardboard shields, no bike helmets, no goggles, no wooden sticks or even slingshots. It was a highlight of a mob that saw an opportunity to make a scene, was angry that at most broke windows, maybe stole a pen in pelosi’s desk and breached the area where the general public was certainly not allowed and unfortunately a lady got shot because of the trespass.

I am not condoning the trespass or the mob tactics, I hate mob tactics as we saw from Antifa and BLM in 2020. I think we all had enough. People have the right to protest but not to riot and be destructive.

there are no losers if we can recognize the other side isn’t the enemy. It’s ok to have different viewpoints and if the democrats don’t get it done. Guess what 4 more years is not forever..but Trump acting how he did was wrong, his words were wrong and him going after Pence was wrong and it looked bad and unhinged. let this play out. Just like with Nick Caserio, let’s give Biden an opportunity and if it plays out bad he loses, real simple. Let’s love each other and try to live with each other

Astrodome likes this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

The government should step in and protect the citizens from these evil corporations.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

There were literally people with baseball bats and flag poles that had spear tips on them.

Nice euphemism of calling it a "trespass". I'm sure if you saw black dudes push down cops to "trespass" and destroy property such as media equipment and doors and windows you wouldn't be merely calling it a trespass.

Also these people did this because their cult leader didn't win, not because of multiple centuries of oppresion towards them. It's pathetic. You are pathetic.

jo mama likes this.
  19. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Because it was an insurrection.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Trump had won there would have been protests, there would be no attempt at overturning the election or attemping a take over of the government.

Progressives would have just been more motivated to replace the Democratic party with more AOCs.

Basically, politics.

Also, can someone find CNN labeling riots as peaceful protestors? A lot of you guys say that but I've seen no clips of it. I remember Lemon scolding people over looting in fact...

joshuaao, amaru and fchowd0311 like this.