1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five games in..... so what do we have?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jan 5, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Assuming that Silas offense will be better in postseason is a huge leap of faith.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Less so than doing the same thing we did before, thinking everyone else will do worse.

roslolian likes this.
  3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

There's a limited sample size in five games, but I think we're somewhere between the 6th and 10th seed in the West. This is the worst position to be in as you're in a sort of purgatory of being just good enough to compete and upset some of the best teams in the league on good nights but not good enough to make any real playoff noise, let alone win a championship.

It will be interesting to see how the Harden situation changes all of that. Although we will undoubtedly be worse, my guess is it wont be that much worse and will do well to put us in a rebuild position to acquire young pieces and picks.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

I have a simple opinion after 5 games, GIVE TIME! The team has been playing with missing players nor they have set starting five in all 5 games. Takes time to build chemistry. You can notice this when at times passes are being made and the player is not in his position. This is a textbook symptom of lack of enough practice. So give time.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Very good opening post. Reads like what the media should write about the Rockets if they ever actually watched games instead of just reading each other's Rockets articles and reproducing third-hand information because they can't be bothered to switch off the Lakers game.

It's crazy that anyone endorses keeping Tucker and House around. Love Tuck, hope we trade him to a contender.

Nook, yixiixiy and D-rock like this.
  6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

over under 37.5 wins. if things go right, 44-28. if they go poorly, 31-41. defense isn't gonna be great and we aren't generating enough 3 pointers and/or are too bad at shooting to take them.

HP3 likes this.
  7. francis 4 prez

he looks a biscuit short of 250. or his jersey shrank in the wash.

Hank McDowell and HP3 like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

I got no clue what this even means haha. I dont know what weight is good for his height. All I know is...the dude still moves well to me.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or maybe Rockets actually improve over last season after being in same system (5 Out) for a full season?

Maybe the switch everything defense also improves with better personnel after being ranked the best defense in postseason?

We could guess on this all day but more experience is not as bad a thing as you are making it out to be.

Rockets only played 5 out for half a season last year.

roslolian likes this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So records and strength of schedule don't matter but somehow the stats matter.

That means "Stop the count" when you are ahead and "Count all votes" when you are behind?

Mr Woods likes this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Only justification for keeping Tucker is either 1) his friendship with Harden or 2) wanting to package him with Harden for a blockbuster trade.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. jacoby

jacoby Member

We have a playoff rotation player in Jae'Sean Tate.

13. francis 4 prez

as in if he eats a biscuit, he'll weight 250 and his jersey looks tight on him. that might be a slight exaggeration but he looks fat like luka does to me.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Grotesque version of Anunoby.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No one . .. in the entire league .. . .looks Season ready.
    Some better than other buts overall . . . .some have had some inexplicable losses.
    Look at Brooklyn

Rocket River

16. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Think we need to give it more time. Even thought it’s been five games, the whole team was only together for three. Need to more time to adjust to the new coach and get comfortable with each other.

With that said, I think it would benefit the rockets and their performance greatly once the harden situation is taken care of. Whether that means trading him or saying we will be keeping him this year. We can’t get a real look at the team until that’s decided since players may be coming in, and once that’s decided regardless of outcome, I think they’ll be able to focus more.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats why I said theyre not gonna sign anybody until they trade EGO to make room.

You said negative then literally made a suggestion to trade EGO to free cap room SMH. They arent under the cap they are Hard Capped already.

Btw You cant trade EG for AG because their salaries arent exact that what happens when you hard capped. They do t have any more wiggle room not even to sign a vet min deal.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

So does that mean no trade until the end of the season, for cap room?

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

No they can trade as long as salaries match like 1 mill (I dunno the exact amount but its near exact) or they go under the cap as a result of the trade.

For example Harden for Brown and Smart would work cuz it lessens the salary Rox needs to pay by 5M.

AG for EG doesnt work cuz that would increase Rox salary by 2M.

So we cant sign people even for vet min cuz we are hard capped. However if we can move EG/Tucker/Harden that is allowed as long as we get less salary as a result.

saleem likes this.
  20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Yes, agreed. Not one team looks great right now. The ones that do likely won't be as good as their record is right now in the Phoenix Suns, 76ers, etc. Teams like the Heat struggling due to vital players sitting. Just a weird offseason and start to the season. It should start to even out soon and the cream will rise to the top. Let's hope Harden is healthy and he can start jelling with the rest of the team and guys like Wall can start making Harden's life easier and see if it translates into W's. Guys like Wall and Cousins shouldn't try to do to much unless needed.

Rocket River likes this.