1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 12/29/2020

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Jrue Holiday is a good dude.

"Holiday's salary for the 2020 season was $26,130,000."

Imagine donating all of that to people in need. Wow.

2. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Russ also invented the way of having big mens box out for him, and he leaves his man open for three to grab uncontested rebounds. His supporters argue that contesting a three point shot is not as valuable as grabbing a rebound then start a fast break, which contrast common basketball knowledge. Russ even did this to Curry and Thompson in the playoffs, which contributed to Klay's 11 3ps performance.

I personally find it hard to believe that the benefit of guards grabbing rebounds to start fast break can neutralize the harm of leaving shooters open constantly. So some of the triple doubles nowadays, come at the cost of team's chance to win. I really don't like this brand of basketball, although it's quite popular among some fans.

JumpMan likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

yeah. I think he’s got a chance to be good. Maybe an all-star if he rounds out his game. But right now he’s an efficient scorer and not much else.

Murray is the prize right now, and keep in mind that even he isn’t proven. He hasn’t made an all-star team, and with Harden, Lillard, Curry, Luka, Booker, Mitchell, Wall, Fox and Russell in the west, it’s unlikely he will this year.

Murray is likely Conley with more offense and less defense. A guy always on the fringe of being an all-star, but just not quite there. He COULD be better, and he certainly has youth on his side, but the idea he can’t be included in a deal for Harden seems strange and disconnected from reality.

If the Murray, MPJ, prospects/picks deal becomes available, I’m ok with that move assuming Harden is for sure gone. The other deals I’ve seen all look like trying to put a ring on a pig.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think its more that life in general, with covid and all, has some players and teams out of their comfort zone. Some guys and teams barely keep together during good times. But in these times, its like half the NBA became bipolar over the last year or so.

BigShasta, JumpMan and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im scared of the kings. Rockets need to win one with the full squad.

JayGoogle and houston19519 like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am scared every night we play. There is just so much uncertainty about our team. We are also behind most teams in chemistry building and player integration. And who knows what Harden is going to do or say tomorrow or the next day?

We got some good pieces, but we need time to assemble them properly. And Harden may not give us that.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kings game is a big game. Rockets need to win that game just to show harden they are worth it.

houston19519 likes this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

whats up with these scores man. maybe adam silver made a mistake not testing for weed this season

Mr Woods and JumpMan like this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Or, it could be his crowning achievement :D

Seriously though, I kind of like the chaos and uncertainty. Not all the covid stuff, but the idea that now, some games are decided in the first half. It also shuts up those folks that claim NBA games don't count for anything until the middle of the 4th qtr.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

144 points with giannis getting 9/6/6? wtf miami. and just shattering the 3 point record with a scott skiles-esque 30, i kinda like it.

jim1961 likes this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Seems like the teams that didn't play in the bubble have fresh legs.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Didn't realize Murray wasn't playing. I feel a little better about this kings win.. Kings going to be a problem though.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Oh thank goodness.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think they ended up with 29. Damn!

15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Rockets are toast on Thursday. :eek:

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The scores are the usual, except the 50 point blowouts lol...

But most of the games are competitive or at least decided in the 4th quarter. TNT/ESPN games outside of that first Celtics-Bucks game have all been busts though.

17. KingsFanSince85

Murray played when the KINGS won in Denver. He was a non-factor.

DreamShook and BigShasta like this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, they play back to back games against the Kings.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kyle Guy and Justin James not even playing. Dat cousin. ;)