1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monbear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HP3, Dec 25, 2020.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Nah. The McNairs are screwing that one up just fine.

Fertitta clearly has been ducking the tax by giving away role players at the deadline and letting players who wanted raises walk (Ariza). Morey obliged because no one is going to tell his billionaire boss how to spend his money. That’s the key thing to remember, no one can force Tillman Fertitta to do squat.

GM Morey had the China scandal, wanted to go into the tax and kept having to be told no.. Gone. Enter a Cheap 1st year GM who’s glad to have the job.

HC D’Antoni wanted to go into the tax and wanted a raise Gone. Enter a Cheap 1st year HC who’s glad to have the job.

Westbrook didn’t like the way things were rolling in Rocketland & started to squeak about it. 1st year GM trades him for a guy with an equal contract who hasn’t played in two years but who will be just glad to get on the court or Glad to have the job.

If the Rockets can move on from Walls deal into smaller contracts I’m sure they will.

Harden’s spoiled ass doesn’t like a how the ball is rolling and asks for a trade, He will be gone as soon as possible. Plus his every move will be leaked to the press good, bad or ugly on the way out. They’ll get smaller moveable contracts and future draft picks.

At the end of the day, No one is going to tell a billionaire especially Tillman Fertitta how to spend his money. And he’s cleaning house from everyone and everything who tried.

#241 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    cbs1507, IBTL, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

There will always be the sort of fans who think that since they support the team, as a fan they have to defend the shtty owners/upper management at all cost.
    Fertitta has done nothing so far to deserve this much ass kissing/defense.

All I have to say is aside from his ability to avoid LTS like the plague, he really reminds me of BoB. Says all the right sht, but does the exact opposite.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree but I think it comes down to the fact that he doesn't think Tilman is a championship owner. Unwilling to spend that extra amount to get the team over the hump. That is actually ironic because the team is in the luxury tax and literally all the way up to the hard cap. Tilman is theoretically finally spending (he can always dump salary to avoid it) and Harden cannot see what's going on.

I just think Harden is getting terrible advice from someone and he needs to reassess. He comes off as very stubborn in this situation. Even the laissez faire attitude towards COVID dates back further. He was traveling the world before the bubble and was doing it after too. This isn't a new thing. He just doesn't think the rules apply to him because he's special.

Imagine being Christian Wood and John Wall (after working his ass off to get back). Harden is completely disrespecting them and Silas. If I were them, I wouldn't want him around. They actually seem to want him to stay because he's irreplaceable. Wood especially seems intent on getting him acclimated and happy.

HP3, Deuce, sabesque and 2 others like this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Will someone please tell me where this all star, unquestioned, top-tier coach that was besmirched by the organization landed his next head coaching gig?

this was orchestrated by Russ and harden in the off-season to move on and save face by assigning blame elsewhere

none of the moves on the perimeter made a difference - Dantoni stays or goes, Russ wanted out. Harden would have followed suit. Morey stays or retires- Russ wanted out, Harden would have followed suit

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why not?

Has he suffered fiscally?

Who has gotten a better shoe deal than him?

raining threes likes this.
  6. sabesque

sabesque Member

I think he got that shoe deal before his mom took over. Shouts to lakers gm.

DonKnock and treyk3 like this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Occam's razor:

You have a superstar that no one has said anything negative about until this year. His coach and former GM are part of the team who are pushing for trading for him.

You have an owners who is known to be part of the mafia, took ownership of his businesses in shady ways, business are known for being mediocre, whose employees universally hate him, who bought the team on a loan, who's going broke, and ducking the tax from day 1.

I'm on team Harden and my fandom will follow him because I'm too F'ing old to invest any more emotion on a team with a trash owner.

HP3, DonKnock, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He has a huge team of guys who take care of his marketing deals. Unless one of those guys become a certified agent under the CBA, GMs cannot speak them regarding contractual issues etc.

His mom, as far as I can tell, is just an agent in name. The way she speaks online, I'd be surprised if she actually does anything except be his mother. He definitely needs to get a power broker involved for what he's done now. Instead, his mom is probably just bombared with media asking her questions that she really cannot impartially answer. She wants what is best for her son and he seems sad so she needs him to be happy. A real seasoned agent would know what's best for her son if he really wants a trade is for him to go out there and perform his ass off so his value returns to glory. He would also know not to allow all of this stuff to leak. He'd be able to talk to Woj, Shams and McMahon before they hit publish. Instead, James is getting dragged because all his mom wants is to see his beautiful scientifically engineered smile!

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Since JH is a celebrity there can be no liability for degradation of character? It's like every celebration Harden attends is stripper related?

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This reply is exactly what the dude in your avatar would make.

"My argument is structured in logic" LOL!

HP3 likes this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's too bad the Rockets don't have an owner that can wait on 5-6 years on a return like other teams.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If that had happened to Harden you would still be saying it was because he was out of shape and been partying to much.

You are unfortunate.

DonKnock and Nook like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

If your mom 1) knows a ****-ton of people at the other major sports agencies AND 2) has a bunch of contacts in the media she can rely on to spread your take on things without having to quote you directly AND 3) knows good attorneys who can vet contracts AND 4) you're a big enough start to get the max every time, then yeah, having her as your agent makes some sense.

Saving a percentage of your salary isn't the only consideration, and might not even be the more important one.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And you don't think the mom had anything to do with that?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good stuff Trey!

Nook, HP3 and treyk3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Really, what's the evidence?

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess I shouldn't say "never." Everything has exceptions. But it's just commonsense. The agent is not just someone who negotiate for you. It's also a business advisory role. Having your own family playing that role is usually not wise because the lack of objectivity and conflict of interest can get in the way real fast. It's not just sports. It's business in general.

In Harden's case, his mom is clearly not very objective in his current mess. And nobody takes whatever she says seriously because she's his mom.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

It also doesnt even make sense. The athletic article reported Harden gone when Silas got hired. Do you know when that announcement happend? After Morey announced his deal with Philly.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

No really, I would like everyone to lay it out for me how Harden wanted to go to BK or anywhere AFTER Morey left. Lemme know about that. Why did both Bra Bra and now this lady talk about him wanting to go to Philly.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

She's still has info we dont have, she's going to defend her son but she's not gonna blatantly lie about everything. In fact what she said has been consistent with what has already been said.