1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nashville Explosion - Christmas Morning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 25, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Go back and find the thread the day of 9/11. I remember one poster saying that since they did it earlier in the morning, they were trying to minimize deaths. He eventually saw the light

Blatz and Nook like this.
  2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Not a tweet from Trump on the matter.

so far today he has golfed, moaned about his wife not getting any cover stories in the fashion magazines, bragged about a speech he would give to the troops, and retweeted a Kenyan praising him as a lion/giraffe/zebra

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That video could have been edited. The long white flash is odd. And why would there be a voice warning people before the explosion?

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

How come this is not being referred to as terrorism? o_O

#25 R0ckets03, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I think I read PD was on the scene and started (or was) evacuating when it started to play

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I get the feeling if the person wanted to kill people he could easily have done it potentially by the hundreds ...I live 20 minute drive from the blast location and the area is only crowded during non shut down events such as pre COVID times on the weekend

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The ATT tower outage seems to be too much of a coincidence. The best explanation I’ve seen thus far is that there could be a related burglary of high end goods and they needed to scramble comms.

However i wouldn’t rule out political terrorism at all. It’s not uncommon that bombs etc are used to send a message of fear without loss of life although often loss of life in a religious extremist group is often justified in their terrorist message. If the intent was political fear without loss of life you have people who just know that they could be found out and brought to trial for murder charges vs what someone like Cesar Seyak would get which is 20 years which could end up in 10 years upon good behavior in prison.

I’m sure either the FBI are sitting on A. the message of the attacker if it is terrorism or B. subsequent crimes that they are investigating in relation.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This whole thing has a strange ‘heist’ vibe that you would see in a movie like Heat.

Maybe a distraction?

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm thinking it's dip$hit nutjobs with their own little American jihad. They have repeatedly talked openly about their desire for civil war.

Interesting article from June, may or may not be related, with dip$jit nutjobs taking out a full page ad:

I hope the FBI remembers how to do their jobs once Biden gets in office...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This whole thing is very strange. The timing of it and broadcasting a warning show that maybe they were trying to avoid casualties but if it was just to frighten without killing wouldn't there be a message with it?

R0ckets03 and dobro1229 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The timing ties into this and this ad with the bombing might be part of a larger campaign to strike fear. If the group that applied for this ad is connected it should be pretty easy to track them through how they submitted and paid for the ad.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I find it odd this act of terror is not bigger news.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

because we dont know yet whether or not it was muslims, BLM, antifa or white right wingers.

mdrowe00, NotInMyHouse, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Whoever did this knew exactly what they wanted to accomplish, right now here in the Nashville area,
    Phone lines down, Walmart only accepting cash, using your card at most gas stations ? Forget it work at home internet problems, etc ..this had a major ripple effect

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

ATT is a terribly ran company. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the target of the attack.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I figured it was either an old disgruntled AT&T employee or it's a religious nut who wants to put the Christ back in Christmas.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unsubstantiated rumors are the perp was a right wing, white man in his 60s and it was a suicide attack.

Kind of like Las Vegas.