1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden for J Murray - The only acceptable trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by palmsnbananas, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I don't disagree with anything you said. For me I guess it's not so much that I don't trust Houston to draft well in the lottery, it's that I just don't trust the lottery process period. I believe that there are multiple ways of us acquiring our next star. Rather it be free agency, the draft, or through trades. I'm cool with either of these scenarios. You are correct, you need a star or stars to attract other stars or good players. But I'm with you I wish Harden would try to give this team a chance cause I really think this team could possibly get to the conference finals. My thing is I don't have to convince Harden of anything, you practice with and against these guys every single day bro. You've been doing this long enough James to see the potential our squad has. I think Harden needs to approach this juncture in his career very very carefully.

HP3 likes this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Did you see Murray Last night? He is inconsistent af. Bubble Murray is not regular Murray. Ben Simmons is way better. He actually defends. Unless you like Corey Joseph’s of the world going off.

roslolian likes this.
  3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Guys we need to get either Brown or Simmons with Woods....we already have Boogie and Walls for the present. We need to get next year picks for Harden and PJ because that draft is loaded with Stars and Superstars!!! Wood and Simmons would be 6'10 Stars and we just need a big time Star that can shot next year and we already rebuild in one year and competitive in the present.

AleksandarN and roslolian like this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't know how many guys with bad back last. You are going to end up paying him like 30 mil for like 40 games. There is a reason why a no 1 overall talent goes to the 13th pick.

roslolian likes this.
  5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

We need to take a vote on how good MPJ is going to be.
    He is seriously being overvalued
    At best he's going to be a good role player, he will never even be on bradley beal's level
    Im thinking CJ McCollum at best

6. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Ben Simmons isn't anywhere close to as good as J Murray lol

Highlyrated likes this.
  7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Jaylen Brown, plays better defense.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

His shooting, no. But he's better than Murray in every other aspect of the game.

9. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Can he put his team on his back to win a game ever in life .. hell no

Mean while J Murray put his whole squad on his back and carried them against top tier playoff teams 19 games in a row, avg 26.5 ppg on >%50 shooting and 45% from the 3 and 90% from the FT line in the playoffs. Just stop, Simmons wishes he could hold Murray's jock, if he was even 80% as good as Murray Philly would have been in the finals multiple times, instead he is literally a negative on the court with Embiid, lets check what he avg his last playoffs 13.5ppg and %57 from the FT line HAAAA, on top of that he avg 6 ast per game vs 6.6 for J murray so actually hes a better playmaker and a better scorer.

Highlyrated and clos4life like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Whens the last time a small, scoring pg led team won the championship? Curry is the only exception, and thats cuz GSW had 3-4 allstars vs everybody else. Otherwise you gotta go all the way back to Billups and thats just a blip on the screen as well.

Size matters a lot when comparing max players. Id rather get Jaylen Brown or Simmons.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

J Murray got blown out 1-4 by the Lakers so all those stats did **** for him in the end.

Milos and clos4life like this.
  12. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Lol what does that even mean haha
    Ok I guess we should get Simmons who blows because JM lost to the eventual champions

Highlyrated likes this.
  13. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Ok when's the last time a PG that cannot shoot led their team to anything... yeah
    Im glad you think Jaylen Brown or Ben Simmons are better than JM that's a joke right

14. today

today Contributing Member

Would LOVE to get Murray... Plus a boatload of picks too ;)

Highlyrated likes this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If the Nuggets trade Murray for Harden they are crazy.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Tell me in what ways is Murray better than Simmons?

Milos likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I cant believe how much you guys underrate MPJ..... if murray was available they would be brain dead to throw him in too. His skill at that size/length is highly coveted. He will get better defensively as he gets stronger just like KD. He is a great compliment to any star guard or big.

Harden, mpj, jokic could do damage.

Highlyrated and Milos like this.
  18. Milos

Milos Member

In half court OFF set as a shooter, Murray is on another planet he is so superior to Simmons

That is really his only advantage in any possible on court scenario over Simmons:

OFF
    Outlet passer
    Fastbreak open court
    Playmaking ball handler
    Inside finisher
    Pick setter
    Offball screener
    Cutter
    Off Rebounder

DEF
    Post primary
    Perimeter primary
    Switch ability
    Positional versatility
    Weakside rotator
    Pass interceptor
    Rim protector
    Def rebounder

Not to mention that Simmons would physically dominate Murray in any scenario
    And he can play any position 1-5

Murray may rival Curry one day as a shooting scorer ... But Ben Simmons is better in every other way NBA players influence the outcome on the court

AleksandarN likes this.
  19. Milos

Milos Member

Well he's not really a PG ... But Giannis has led his team to leagues best record while anchoring the top DEF as 2time reigning MVP and a DPOY award ...
    And he can't shoot either

20. Milos

Milos Member

Also ... Murray has never put DEN on his back ...
    Because he's not the best Nugget

Joker is the straw that stirs the drink

Murray is developing into an outstanding second star and knocking on the door of Curry / Dame / Kyrie class of shooting scorer

But this is still Joker's team

AleksandarN and TEXNIFICENT like this.