1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Only one guy from ESPN to trust and that’s Woj.

Fulgore likes this.
  2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Jaylen is paid as the 47th highest paid player in the league. The contract isn’t bad.

3. Denovo

Denovo Member

Siakam is vastly overrated here. Brown is by far the better choice. Not even close.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because harden gives them a championship window for at least a year or 2... and its an awesome thing that many of rockets fans dont understand because they take harden greatness for granted

BamBam and FatSeagal like this.
  5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Ainge is hard to trade with but can be willing to go big when he wants something. He was supposedly willing to trade several picks, including unprotected Nets picks, to Charlotte to get Justise Winslow in the draft, which is funny in retrospect.

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I'd take either of those over 76ers/Miami.

BallaDoc likes this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Would be hilarious to hear Simmons have to backtrack on his Harden hate.

If I’m Harden these arent places I want to go. He’s in same predicament if “winning” is what he wants. At least for the short term, at minimum the season. He thinks if he goes to an empty in another city the players will magically appear to compete? At least if it’s Toronto. Maybe Boston keeps enough to compete.

there is no team that can give us what we deserve AND give harden a realistic chance to win now. Both sides should realize he has an opportunity to win right Here, right now.
    greeeeeennnnn

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Jalen Brown would fit nicely and grow into a bigger role on a Silas coached team. Out of all the guys out there he's the one I want most.

Also, for the Celtics, pairing Tatum with Harden is ez money. I think it makes a lot of sense for both teams.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

He’s pretty reliable! He’s 100% right or wrong every single time!! His track record is impeccable!! o_O

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It’s getting good now

Can’t wait to see the final trade @BraBra where you at??

BamBam likes this.
  11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Right. It's possible Granato is getting played and fed disinformation to put this out, but he's definitely not someone who would just throw something out for attention.

Richie_Rich, csnerd84, BamBam and 3 others like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Harden and Tatum is the most versatile perimeter scoring duo in the NBA and it’s not close.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He might not be as solid as woj, but he's 100% not trolling.

BamBam likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

If OG is in that's another argument of course, although on OG's potential it's a big if i'd say, he has been in the league three years so far, and even if he's still young, even in this preseason he didn't show much to make me think he'll get there tbh, and considering he's also expiring i don't know, i'd definitley value him in a package, but not that much tbh, i don't think i would pass Brown (and potentially other pieces) from Boston just to take take a flyer on OG i think.

everyday eddie and treyk3 like this.
  15. oloboloz

oloboloz Member

All these rumors popping up is just all parties trying to use the media to create leverage. I pray Stone is smart enough to not engage in a conversation with some of these teams being mentioned. I really hope the media is in the dark as much as they appear to be. Everyone (Sources) involved has just been throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks, and at some point someone will be right.

Personally, I'm not making any of these deals unless a 3rd team is involved, but here is how I would rank them in order.

1. 76ers - Simmons
    2. Celtics - Brown
    3. Raptors - Siakam
    4. Heat - Herro
    5. Nets - Bench players

I've yet to see anything insinuating Denver is interested, but if it is to be true I'd much rather work with them. If any there is any chance to land Murray & MPJ you make that happen, and I wouldn't even hesitate to included picks if it lands both. If they don't budge on Murray which I'd imagine that is the deal breaker for Denver, I'd still prefer a package centered around MPJ, salary fillers, and every pick they have.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  16. pippsux

pippsux Member

Please let this nightmare end soon

Cstyle42, Boston84 and tc0330 like this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would trust him when he calls it an impeccable source. Granato has been around forever, so he is definitely connected. I don’t recall him making too many statements like that in the past, which gives the statement more credence, in my opinion.

mikol13, Richie_Rich, Plowman and 6 others like this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That’s a good point. It was more the thinking of he was paid the absolute most he could and Im not sure if that’s deservingly so but when you put it that way and considering the league I guess you’re not wrong.

xaos and Boston84 like this.
  19. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he had the scoop on the BO'B practice argument before it came out after the firing.

Also, pretty plugged in on the Astros after you sift through the obvious homerism and jokes.

Has a thing about putting in for that blue check though... more into the blue mountains :cool:

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, and i think generally the Raptors pieces are a bit overrated (Powell is another solid bench player imo, nothing more), but that's just me. I also think Ainge would want to keep Smart though, he's a much better fit then Kemba with Harden, if i'm Ainge i try to ship Kemba and his max contract for picks or another young player for Houston, which as a Rockets fan i'd like more too, i mean, i really like Smart, but he's also about to turn 27, i'd like more someone younger or a good pick at this point.

Boston84 likes this.