1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

It would probably be draft picks fillers and one or two young or atleast youngish assets. Tatum will not be involved. If the Celtics were to trade him they would just take Harden for themselves.

2. riko

riko Member

This was a reply to big gums post

3. HardenVolumeOne

meh, i still want harden in houston

HP3 likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Apparently this Jrichard Goodman guy is reputable source. You can trust him by looks of it

5. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

A Harden for Murray + pieces/picks is interesting. Could fit both teams pretty well.

saleem likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Why can’t Bol Bol be traded? He is on a 2 years 4 M plus deal. Is it because they converted him from a 2 way player just now?
    @BimaThug

7. riko

riko Member

I have no idea who they are trading but if a third team is involved it’s probably for Picks and extra young assets. Denver will probably do everything they can to keep Murray

Honestly I don’t see how we accept a deal if Porter jr or Murray are not involved.One of the two has to be involved.

#587 riko, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    RustyHarden, clutchdabear and saleem like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree. I was amazed to see his name mentioned in a hypothetical trade involving Harden. If Houston can't acquire him, it's useless to trade Harden to them.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont like Murray. He is a max guy and as we've seen with Cp3, Kemba Walker, Irving etc you wont win when you are paying an undersized scorer the max and the opponent is paying a 6'6 dude the max. Steph Curry is the only pg who lead his team to a championship and he only did it cuz they had 3 all stars on their team+prime Bogut and Iguadala.

If we arent getting Ben Simmons then I'd def look at Celtics. Jaylen Brown isnt James Harden but he isnt making 40M either. If you can get Marcus Smart on top I wouldnt even mind not getting additional picks.

Whatever the package is, it shouldnt be Spencer Dinwiddle+trash from the Nets.

ddub likes this.
  10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

What Nuggets insider?

11. riko

riko Member

Well Harden is a superior Murray so they see that as a upgrade with Jokic in won now mode. As crazy as this sounds Porter Junior is probably more valuable to them then Jamal given his size/skill set and especially with Harden there. Only question would be health.

Harden
    Harris
    Green
    Millsap
    Jokic

Barton
    Porter Junior

It’ll be good but can’t seeing it beating the lakers . But it’ll go to 7 games

12. riko

riko Member

Boston supposedly is not interested

13. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

How long until Joel embiid requests a trade? Remember — It takes a few playoff runs and harden choke jobs. Also harden deflecting all blame prob won’t help.

14. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@riko that Nuggets insider was on Twitter?

15. riko

riko Member

Given Embiids stellar playoffs resume?

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Majority of these stars wont a ring. During MJ's era that lasted 15 years only Pistons, Bulls and Rockets won a ring. The rest became ringless.

Harden's a smart dude he can see the writing on the wall thats why he is desperate to go to a contender.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Like how Morey will never trade Simmons?

18. riko

riko Member

The media narrative has you a bum if you have no ring. People who never saw Charles or Malone in their primes don’t understand how great they were because they are programmed to believe they were not great because they got no rings

D-rock likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

I’m starting to have some doubts about this. However has there been any indication of Celtics interest ?

D-rock likes this.