1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Rockets 2020 Training Camp Thread:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Dec 6, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. alethios

alethios Member

Harden looks great but can't help feeling he got into excellent shape to woo other teams. I wish it weren't so. But TF can right the ship by keeping his mouth shut and listening to his players.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

(And a pick...)

Cstyle42 likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

A pro's pro.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

2 picks

D-rock likes this.
  7. delta69er

delta69er Member

From what I saw on the Rockets' IG post of practice yesterday, everyone was wearing Rockets gear except for Harden and Tucker...another [not] so subtle shot by these two?

BHannes2BHonest and daywalker02 like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I believe that was the goal, RoCo and Wood, but no team would take Eric Gordon off our hands.

So the Rockets traded the only expendable asset worth anything. Covington.

C Wood was probably coming in for $10M and Nerlens Noel for $5M. Bidding war for Wood occurred and the
    money for Noel kinda shrank.......bolted for Knicks for $5M.

Things don’t always work out the way we want them to work out. I feel C Wood is impressive around the rim
    and better defender than Covington on the perimeter. We shall see. When teams play Portland, look
    for them to take Covington to the perimeter as a defender. Keep attacking him there until he improves.

D-rock likes this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

Of course it is. This "game" will continue alllll season. I'm hoping we pull the cord here (for the right deal of course) and MOVE on. Black cloud, elephant in the room will remain until then

10. Rocket85

Rocket85 Member

Hardens wearing rockets shorts.

Nook, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Took my entire family to this event which is why the **** Harden pulled is even worse. There's a right way and a wrong way and Harden did Rockets fans wrong. I had his back against every damn nephew and talking head out there for years and for what?

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not really... late to camp, social media cry baby, won't wear team gear,

Also, who takes 8 MILLION dollars a year from someone and says but they don't want me?!?!

Kevooooo likes this.
  13. SmallBallDoesntWork

Harden looks like hes in fantastic shape too

D-rock likes this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

We quickly forget when watching 6 inch images on TV screens that these dudes are mostly 6'5" + and/or freakishly athletic. There isn't a single NBA player that can't dunk. They may not do it in games. Or they may not get a lot of clearance, but PJ can certainly dunk the ball lol

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Any idea what he means by "not backing team in the Bubble?"

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Isaiah Thomas, Patty Mills, Steve Nash, Jameer Nelson, pretty sure Barea can't dunk anymore... there's quite a few but yeah PJ can certainly dunk

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Doesn't Harden deserve some blame for that lack of continuity? We all know he ran Dwight and CP3 out and possibly even Russ. In order to move some of those guys it took assets which made it more difficult to improve with minor roster changes. But I absolutely agree that the lack of a continuous core hurt Houston's chances. I put a lot of blame on Morey for this too. Yes it takes more than a star to win, but it takes more than just 2-3 stats to win. You have to have SOME depth and SOME chemistry. DM was always too quick to throw away guys so he could swing for the fences.

I swear we idolize DM way too much on this board considering his role his constantly limiting the growth of the roster. And we paired him with the ABSOLUTE WORST COACH in terms of developing guys. Only thing guys develop on MDA's bench are hemorrhoids and fistulas from sitting too long on the pine.

Corso likes this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Literally all of those guys can dunk, lol. Barea is probably the one that struggles the most, but there are vids of every single one of them dunking. Jameer I only found a video titled "Jameer Nelson's only dunk" lol

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

October 2019. We were so innocent back then. No rona, no crazy 2020 election, no Rockets imploding. Seems like a lifetime ago.