1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Exactly, if this was Anthony Davis or Giannis Antetokounmpo teams would be in line to trade for those guys. I'm being totally unbias, I just have never believed Harden was a top 5 player let alone a top 3 player in the league. But to each their own.
    1. LeBron
    2. Anthony Davis
    3. Kawhi Leonard
    4. Giannis Antetokounmpo
    5. Kevin Durant
    6. Steph Curry
    7. James Harden

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Herro alone doesn't work for me. Herro and Bam as centerpieces, different story.

DVauthrin and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. sabesque

sabesque Member

i really hate that after seeing a few pictures of harden at camp im switching between being naively optimistic and sad about this ish again

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Wall OR Westbrook was the analysis period. Both expensive, both injury prone, one when healthy clearly the better player and we ahve that player now. Boogie on a 1 year vet min.

Regardless all irrelevant to finding value for Harden. Harden Top 5 NBA elite, scoring champ, who's also a durable iron man. Simmons is NONE of those thing, not even close. That's why it has to be Simmons and a crap load of top top picks at a minimum.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think you guys are wasting too much energy over Simmons vs Herro, assuming we get one of them we'll be fine anyway, they're both good players and young, i think it would be more important to see what we do after a trade gets done eventually, cause rebuilding around a 24/20 years old player plus multiple guys over 30 isn't something we should do imo.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Im saying Lebron and KD can win a championship with guys like Westbrook, CP3 or even Howard at one point..but Harden can not. He does not decide big games..even when we got close against Golden State CP3 was that factor that got us close...

7. Nook

Nook Member

It will certainly help cover his shooting, can even get a smaller shooting guard to play point guard in that scenario.

If Simmons ends up a Rocket then I’ll be excited about his possible untapped potential. I am just being blunt and clear that if he doesn’t learn to shoot he is overpaid and not a franchise player. You use him ideally as a third guy because he is so poor a shooter.

As for Herro, I really liked him in college. I felt he had an excellent feel as a shooter and scorer and was fearless. He didn’t disappoint as a rookie and he has that elite work ethic and supreme confidence that few people have. Some of his physical skills are lacking as he isn’t an athletic freak like Simmons and he isn’t 6’8” with a 7’2” wingspan.... but he is really skilled and he will learn to be an above average defender.

So there is a bit of a bust factor with either player. As counter intuitive as it sounds, my gut is that Herro is more likely to realize his upside as a 25 point a game scorer and ability to take a make big shots.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just saying Bucks built around a similarly skilled player in Giannis.

Postseason success or not, Giannis has 2 MVPs.

Rudyc281 and Nook like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Deuce and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

LOL no LBJ and KD aren’t winning any titles with Westbrook or Howard as their second best player. It just isn’t happening.

As for CP3, LBJ could win a title with CP3 as the second best player, but not with CP3 missing games 6 and 7 against the prime Warriors.

The help that LBJ and KD have had on their title teams has been beyond any that Harden has had at any point in time.

KD had Curry, KT and Green

Over the years LBJ has had Kyrie, Love, Bosh, Wade, AD.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I disagree. KD and Lebron can decide games. James cant.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

is that why both went searching for elite sidekicks and more when they won. Just wondering

clutchdabear, Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

What are we saying here? That James was just unlucky? Hellllooo...dude didnt even get to the finals..lmao

14. Nook

Nook Member

Well every single team LBJ has won a title on had a vastly better second player than Westbrook or Howard so it really isn’t debatable.

KD already had a chance to win a title with Westbrook and other really good players and couldn’t do it...

clutchdabear, YOLO and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

We are saying you are objectively wrong.

YOLO and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. HardenVolumeOne

Thats bullshit, nobody is winning a title with westbrick lol. Kevin durant, steph curry and lebron.. all of those guys were on superteams when they won a title. Kawhi in 2019 might be a good recent example( but even the raptors were a 60 win team without kawhi). The last player to actually win a ring on their own as the main guy was dirk in 2011.

And what was anthony davis in new orleans, james hardens whipping boy. Harden took the talent davis failed to win with and elevated eric gordon and ryan anderson to a number 3 seed the very next year

Harden is not just a top 5 player, he is top 3 EASILY

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

We? You said kd and James decide games.

so kd said I don’t need to join klay, Steph, green. Oh wait

So lebron said I don’t need to join wade and bosh. Oh wait.

so lebron said I don’t need to join kyrie and love. Oh wait.

clutchdabear, CCity Zero and Nook like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, I agree with you, but what I'm saying is very little now or later isn't going to matter and Houston is in a tough situation with the previous trades made. And unless you have some impact Star that's being offered to replace Harden - Houston is basically going to be first round fodder.

I'd just let it play out some and see how it goes. NO had no shot even with a healthy AD by the time he left, Harden at least might have a team here that could make this interesting. Obviously LAL though are a very tough team - so unless cousins/wall and team gel you can still go into rebuild by the trade deadline.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

KD had Westbrook "early" in his career. I would argue that if they stayed together for a couple more years that they would have won it. Harden is almost thru his prime...this was the top...cant get better..

LBJ carried Cleveland, he decided a couple of Miami championships, and he commanded the Lakers team like a real leader to a championship

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Harden might be a top 3 player one on one. But he isnt even a top 10 team player to win a championship with

You need more than just skills to win it all

tochiee22 and Jturbofuel like this.