1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Making Fun Of Dan Crenshaw's Eye Is Cool?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump supporters are now sensitive about eye jokes.

To be clear, I never make fun of his lost eye.

I only make fun of his other eye.

2. Buck Turgidson

Old boss of mine had a glass eye...I always thought he just had a lazy eye until one day he showed up in the office with an eyepatch. "WTF happened?" Oh I just took it to the eyedoctor for a checkup. Then I got the rest of the story, so it wasn't weird the once a month it happened. The patch was weirder than the glass eye, by far.

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Similar experience with an old friend of mine. Thought he just had a medical condition and didn’t ask. One day the patch came out and the story was told. The patch definitely attract much more attention than the fake eye.

I can see why a politician that is wounded can get some attention and sympathy with it. But now that the VA report said he’s involved in a smear campaign of another vet that was in his unit who claimed sexual assault... it ain’t cool to make fun of but who give a damn about his eye patch over his bad character.

#123 Amiga, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The woman claims she was sexually assaulted in a V.A. hospital

Sorry, thinking about it, that is suspect.

A) its a hospital
    B) its a V.A. hospital

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sexual assault is somehow not possible at the VA hospital? Whatever your reasons for suspect, what do you think of the orchestrated campaign to smear her?

“An investigation from the independent government watchdog that oversees the Department of Veterans Affairs concluded Thursday that a Republican member of Congress was involved in an orchestrated campaign by V.A. Secretary Robert Wilkie to disparage the reputation of a female veteran who alleged she was sexually assaulted at a V.A. facility.”

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because its a ****ing hospital. Do you hear about sexual assault in hospitals? They are very safe places

He told the V.A. director he thought she made frivolous claims in the past. Thars not a "campaign"

V.A. hospitals are nothing more than hospitals

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Do you hear about sexual assault in hospitals?

Do you ever google your anecdotal definitive statements before you post them?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually i live in big ass city with a big ass world wide known medical center

If someone were sexually assaulted in one of the big ass hospitals, it would be a big ass scandal

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm sure it doesn't happen frequently but it's not impossible.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ed-of-sexually-assaulting-three-patients.html

pgabriel and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Dubious
    This the claim. A man pressed his body against hers the snack in the public cafeteria

Deal with that anecdote. Authorities decided not to charge

Stuff the abecdote up your arse

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dubious, pgabriel and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dubious, jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Go see her big ass claim that authorities decided were bull **** in my later post

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm sure they are relatively very safe places. That doesn't mean there is no incident ever. If that's your reason for suspect, you should recheck it.

Have I heard of it? Yes. It's in the IG report itself. Senior VA Officials’ Response to a Veteran’s Sexual Assault Allegations

The sexual assault alleged by the veteran drew attention to the medical center’s long-standing reputation for having an inhospitable environment for women veterans. In his letter dated September 20, 2019, to the Secretary, Chairman Takano raised concerns about the environment at the medical center, noting that at least three individuals at the medical center who had interacted with the veteran did not take immediate action to intervene or assist her and that his staff has received reports that women veterans frequently experience sexual harassment and have been victims of sexual assault at VA medical facilities.95

A quick google also bring you to this: Newly Uncovered Cases of Patient Abuse at Laguna Honda | KQED

I'm sure he claims innocent. The IG found that he's involved in a campaign to smear her reputation. I take the IG findings over his claims of innocent.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

19. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The Vietnam thing is complete bullshit.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Stop dick rydin yo!!!

FranchiseBlade likes this.