1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Didn't know SF2 was on NES. What a world. I'd still beat you in it.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fchowd0311 and London'sBurning like this.
  3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Maybe I'm conflating what was originally designed with what CDPR did with marketing, but I was under the belief that the intros were meant to be much more involved than what was released. See this for what was released (minor spoilers I guess?):
    https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-pacing-problem-lifepath-merge-night-city/amp/
    That sounds pretty disappointing imo. I could swear there was talk of 2 additional characters similar to Johnny Silverhand (Keanu's character) depending on your background. But it might have been smarter to focus on just the one anyway, especially since they managed to get Keanu (assuming he put in a good performance).

I'd have to watch the DF video again, but honestly I think the Pro and One X versions aren't super great either. Much better resolution I think, which does help a lot. But the game still has high cpu and hdd demands, and those systems aren't really any different than the base consoles in those areas. It does seem like you need a PC or next-gen system to get something close to the intended vision (though I'm sure it could be fun on all systems if you're ok with things).

4. tinman

Supporting Member

For the console Folk
    I turned off film grain and chromatic aberration and the game looks much better
    As recommended by digital foundry

I’m barely in the game but it’s very detailed
    Also I have freesync which helps big time

5. VanityHalfBlack

Been playing this for awhile on a base used ps4, no hiccups or bugs. Seems to work fine for me.

Outlier likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

They just dropped another patch today
    I’m pretty confident that they are committed to the customer satisfaction
    No problems for me

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Stuff like this happens within the first month of release...esp with holidays coming.

They shot for the moon and some folks complaining the air is thin in space.

If they can't patch performance issues by mid year, it's really on them, but speculating about dropping old-gen support isn't really productive.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm not surprised this game couldn't live up to the hype. It was massive, anything short of greatest game of all time with ZERO performance issues would have satisfied people. That being said, I'm having fun.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I haven't played the game/seen it in person yet, and honestly think the game had no shot of running on ps4/xbox one as intended - I'm sure it's still good (and not making some silly post on pc being better comparison - I'm more interested in everyone having access to games w/o having to spend a lot on hardware vs arguing here so don't take this post like that), anyway from what I've heard from a few people I know is it's definitely an impressive game even in its current state but they're also saying play PC version for now if given a choice.

With that said, is it Basically play pc or wait for next gen official console release to get the most? I did have one other question - I haven't gamed like at all in about a year - and have a pc I put together that can definitely play this at very nice/high settings, but does the PC have the population density or is it really far off from the original vision they intended?

And again I'm not here to **** on the console versions or something and while I only briefly looked - figured it would be better to get input from people playing the game. I am aware of the bugs and not surprised - the game is probably one of the biggest undertakings/plans I have ever seen for a game.

Tl;Dr does the pc version (on a high end pc) have the population density they showed in the city or is it like the joke video on Twitter - Jurassic Park etc. Regardless of version.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The Twitter video I shared earlier was just from the PS4/XBO version, which definitely have lowered population density. I believe the PC version has a population density slider you can adjust, and I think if maxed out, it probably looks similar in density as what they've shown before in trailers. At least some videos I've seen online from PC builds seem to have a good population density anyway. No idea how performance intensive the density is relative to the hardware you have. Maybe you can get good density from a pretty medium-spec build. It wouldn't take much to outdo the PS4/XBO (especially since CDPR seemed to prioritize PC).

Next-gen consoles might have some of that too, or at least more than the PS4/XBO versions. I think XSX definitely had better density, and PS5 might get it via a patch (there have been some patches recently, and I don't know what they did). This is via BC, and I'm guessing it will look better with the next-gen patch when that is released.

FWIW, the NPC AI is pretty bad if not nonexistent from what I can tell. While the density definitely adds some atmosphere and whatnot, doesn't expect something like GTA 5 levels of interactivity.

On a related note, I don't really like letting CDPR off the hook simply because the game was so ambitious. A lot of games are ambitious these days, but they still get criticized for a poor release (NMS, Fallout 76, Assassin's Creed, etc.). Cyberpunk looks fantastic, and I'm hearing that the main scenario is actually pretty damn good (albeit maybe a bit short). But it seems most of the other stuff is pretty poor, especially the parts that actually seemed ambitious (e.g., bringing Night City to life!). I can't imagine it was intentional to have these systems work this way, so I'm guessing they had to scrap what they had (maybe earlier this year?), and put together some duck-taped systems for NPC AI and whatnot. The system for despawning/respawning is also super aggressive and can't be intentional. I don't even think these are things that are necessarily held back by the PS4/XBO (seeing as how other developers handled these just fine). Just a very mismanaged project I think. Maybe spent 90% of resources on visuals (and a few other things), and they didn't really worry about the systems that hold together the game until near the end of the project. Hell, they couldn't even add some simple logic to get it working on AMD processors correctly.

OK enough bashing from me...for now. :)

I actually only intended to "bash" the game for the stuff I mentioned prior to release, but I am honestly really surprised by how rushed the game ended up being.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. Beezy

Beezy Member

They promised the most immersive world ever, and delivered the dumbest AI in any open world game.

That said, I'll still play the next gen version on PS5 eventually.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I’ve got about 10 hours in on my PS5. Game has crashed twice but not a huge concern. It’s not the best PS4 game but I like the concept and the ambition CDPR was going for.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Your best bet for next gen w/o next gen console is to buy it on Stadia while it comes with a controller/chromecase and free 1month sub.

Can still play when the sub lapses, only in 1080p not 4k.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No main SF title was ever released on NES, actually.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

@Ziggy

Ziggy and Xerobull like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

You did Ryu and Chun Li straight wrong on that ****

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's a Taiwanese bootleg game, but good try.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

this is what CyberPunk looks like on PS4/Xbox one.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Transphobic? Give me a break. Because it has a poster of a lady with a boner? The theme of the entire game is a dark future that is ultra violent and ultra sexualized. There is no phobia besides in the eyes of some woke snowflakes at resetera that live to take offense in everything.

20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Also really, "crunch"?

The rest of us working class that don't have our heads stuck in lala land call that "paid overtime". If you don't like it the door is right there.