1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Wait a minute. Isn't it the Houston FO that decides on which trade to accept IF we do at all trade him?

I'm still not convinced he wants to leave. I've not heard anyone say it and certainly not heard anything from Harden.
    Sure Harden rarely talks anyway and never justifies himself to no one.
    But he vouched for Silas and wanted Wall!

So, if Harden does want out, I certainly wouldn't grant his wishes sending him to a contender.
    I'd be looking to send him to worse franchise's (than ours) like Sacramento and asking for Fox, Hield and picks.
    We get a younger, franchise player and a hometown kid.

D-rock likes this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

do you guys not understand how this works ? why would SAC trade those young players for a 31 yr old WHO WILL NOT SIGN AN EXTENSION there ? this is where james has some leverage.

saleem likes this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Better on paper(with Harden) than anything we've had, except the 1st year with CP3...

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Agreed.. But I sure they're starving for a title ... Might piss of their fanbase, but they'd reap the benefits of legitimate relevancy and a lil national media coverage with Harden there... Im just saying at least make a call and see if they'd entertain it as a starting point....

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Agree 100%. But Sacramento is the type of team that would.

Tristan_fiore and Why not? like this.
  6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Toronto did it.

Maybe Toronto will do it again?

Siakam and filler for Harden?

They could win the championship again and be fine with it if Harden leaves.

CarlosGM likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Which other NBA superstar has to rely on a guy recovering from achiles and acl injury on a NG contract? When Cousins was a Laker did you see him this way?

How about relying on your second best player getting back to how he played 2 years ago pre multiple injuries, which wasn't amazing to begin with?

This is ridiculous. I would be so disgusted if I gave this many points, assists, regular season wins and the 2nd best playoff team in franchise history only to be told to have hope for Demarcus Cousins in 2021.

"**** you" is the only way to reply to an organization that asks that of someone. You wouldn't accept that in your life either btw.

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nick Nurse and James Harden would be crazy.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I definitely agree that John wall is not the answer to being contenders. Furthermore relying on unproven or recovering players to be better than the team last year isnt a likely proposition.

However you can't really excuse Harden and blame the organization when these moves were at his behest or approval.

FatSeagal likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep.

Need another trade or Stone and TF are just talking out of their ass.

Too many players we are depending on to HELP Harden who may or may not be 100% and not require load management.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Screw Daryl! If Daryl wants Harden hes paying a tax no ifs ands or buts.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

clippers is a good educated guess and my guess as well.

to me there are only a few places
    1) lakers, 2) clippers, 3) miami

the field

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lakers and Clippers have no FRP.

Tristan_fiore and saleem like this.
  14. Rocket85

Rocket85 Member

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not seeing a Harden trade this season.

Not worth it for Rockets.

HP3 likes this.
  16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

My proposed "rebuild"

Harden for Simmons/Thybulle & 1st(s)

EGo & some of the 1sts we've accumulated and inevitably gotten from the Harden deal, for disgruntled Buddy Hield.

Wall/Grant
    Hield/Nwaba/Green
    Thybulle/House
    Simmons/Tucker
    Wood/Cousins

We could see a Siakam-esque leap out of Wood this season, Harden or no Harden. I can definitely see Cousins filling a DMo role, and Tucker/Wall/Green are there to help mentor our youth. Shooting is obviously a problem with this lineup outside of Hield, unless Wall/Thybulle see a leap. I feel Simmons & his 3 ball might be hopeless, but he's not hopeless as a ball player.

Erbnwarfare, saleem and D-rock like this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We are always right there, almost in the Finals.

Yet, the owner constantly dumps assets to save money. Almost exactly the value of one good rotation player, that's how much he saves.

Imagine he didn't do that. Would we not be more likely to win? If you want to beat the Warriors, is it unreasonable to spend as much as them in the same season, for example? When the Cavs won, Dan Gilbert committed to LOSING money that season, he literally knew he was going to lose something like $15m.

Adding a significant rotation player without giving up assets is something teams usually do with picks and MLE signings or big FA signings. We do those things less than most. That's why it feels like a treadmill.

Harden can win a title with Lebron or on the Warriors like Durant. He can't carry a team on his back and win it all. There are maybe 3 people in the last 30 years who have done it. No one is saying Harden is that good. Let's learn the lesson and move on. He's not that good, let's get more help.

We do not spend enough to win with a Harden who is alleged to be weak minded. Make him our 2nd star. Let's go, get a better player.

#497 Mathloom, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    DaDakota, BallaDoc, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

I know this is probably a long shot but what if Brooklyn gave in to the idea of offering Kyrie since him and Harden both need the ball in their hands. If we get back Kyrie, young players and draft picks might be the best we can get back

JumpMan likes this.
  20. Rockets4Life13

It’s going to be awesome not having to defend him anymore. Spurs Game 6 comes to mind where we had to make up a injury to explain his poor performance