1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Okay now we got Real coach and big men maybe i will finally enjoy rockets basketball. Love u Rafael

Tfor3, IvanLCPM, Imanimal and 3 others like this.
  2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You forgot Nwaba. Everyone is forgetting him. He will get minutes over Ben.

D-rock, Caesar, Corrosion and 2 others like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think we trade EG for real small forward

Dubious, D-rock, Denovo and 3 others like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Swap House for Gordon and throw Gordon into the sea and it's a better rotation

Denovo and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Quit b****ing. If this works out, it's found money. At the very least, for the moment, Harden is motivated to stay. We can still start PJ t SF but put him on the toughest matchup that night.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Everytime whole defense including fans knows your play its bad in the playoffs. Harden is not athletic enough(basicaly almost no one ever is) to force iso against Bron/AD in playoffs 4 out od 7 games

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

They played best with CP running with his five and Harden with his five abusing benches

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

we do that we’re right their with the lakers imo maybe slightly behind but I think the second best team in the west and and top 3 assuming KD is back to form.

Bev/harden/PG13/Wood/boogie is a really good starting 5.

house and Gordon off the bench is nice too. We would need a backup big and a backup Guard and that’s a really good team.

rhee and raining threes like this.
  9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

If it makes you feel better the Rockets tried to trade for Woods back at the deadline and according to Shams tried to get Cousins back in July. Small ball full time was never the plan, it just happen based on their options.

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

But still there was Pringels around. Cant get myself into hype knowing he will be outcoached by rookie coaches in the playoffs. Hell i think he would be outcoached by Rondo alone... thats why he loved CP he bailed him tf out

raining threes likes this.
  11. raining threes

They needed to add size and they did.

You didn't answer the question, what would you have done. Bigs that are agile, can block shots, put the ball on the floor a little and hit 3's dont grow on trees. Wood's game kinda reminds me of a young Horry. Hopefully he can develop into that. Wood's a guy with a much higher ceiling than RoCo and I love RoCo's game. Too bad Stone couldn't move EGo and kept RoCo.

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. No Chill Rocket

where is the poll!:eek:

13. raining threes

Next yrs Portland pick is so protected? How protected is it? I understand the Detroit pick is not likely to happen anytime soon. Maybe we're talking about two different things.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Size matters less than skill and DEFENSE matters(also 3 point shooting) Roco had both. Roco was our second best playoff performer. Size is not the main reason we lost to the Lakers. Well it was, but it was also about Westbrook needing spacing on the floor. But even that woulndt have mattered because he was so trash.

I dont know, Im not a GM. You can still criticize people for their moves. And this guy is nowhere near Morey. Also, again, trading Roco for Wood and picks that are heavily protected and dont matter is a lateral move. Our defense got alot worse and I dont know how good our offense is gonna be with Westbrook on the team. There is no reason to believe losing Roco but getting Woods dramatically changes anything for us at all. Offense got better but our defense got muuuuch worse. And you need both to win.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't like Gordon as a wing. PJ Tucker can play Small Forward. Gordon is better as a guard as a 6th man.

Jayzers_100, D-rock and Denovo like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Tucker isn’t playing much SF. He will come off the bench but still press 28-30 minutes a night which is a win for the Rockets and Tucker as he wears down playing the way MDA used him.

slothy420 likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Awesome

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you can play Wood and Cousins together as both can shoot

joshuaao, D-rock and TheRealAllpro like this.
  19. raining threes

You dont know that the defense got worse. Rebounding is part of defense and Wood should help that improve as well as an upgrade as a weakside shot blocker. Cousins will hurt the defense some because he wont be able to move laterally like he used too but he will probably be playing on the second team and only 20-25 min per game against guys he can hang with defensively. I believe adding great defensive wings like Nwaba and Brown to go along with PJ and Wood's shot blocking will make for a solid defensive team. Nwaba in particular is a very good defensive wing.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Cousins is best friends with John Wall ;)

Tfor3 likes this.