1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s Over!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 18, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Dolan for all his faults atleast has a open check book. They guy spends and gives his general managers a blank check.

Tilman maybe the worst owner in pro sports now

bmelo, Dopamine, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t know. After seeing Harden would lose $13M if he left the Rockets.....I started second guessing it.

https://www.sportico.com/law/analysis/2020/james-harden-nets-trade-1234616755/

and if his shoe deal states that he loses money if he doesn’t play x amount of games.........

Harden might be like, “Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, now let’s not be too hasty.”
    You know the city of Houston has been good to me, the fans have been good to me.......F Tilman, I’m playing
    for Houston.......and I’m playing for the fans!!”

3. smp

smp Member

Which years did the Rockets pay the luxury tax?

This is a cheep organization. A city as big as Houston is an embarrassment.

4. riko

riko Member

I wish that were true because Harden or the likes of Harden come every so often but the only way I see Harden staying is if Tilman goes crazy and loads this team up or if Tilman leaves.

s3ts and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If Tillman wants to sell the team, he needs to reduce payroll and accumulate assets to make it appealing, right?

I know I'm dreaming that he'd sell, but allow me, please!

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I guess we will agree that we disagree. Such is America.....people can be at odds but can coexist.

You say Harden gets traded
    I say he won’t. Keep in mind is was one of the first to say he would......before any rumors of Harden/WB wanting out.

I think either Westbrook or Eric Gordon gets traded. Allows Rockets to bring in even more than the $12.8M TPE....
    and the Rockets surround Harden (and possibly WB too) with enough talent to make a good run.

Perhaps I’m overly optimistic.......but I like what Stone has done. Tucker is a glue guy that Harden likes......Rockets
    need to keep him though. The enforcer that has Hardens back. I think Harden respects that.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Didn’t harden say if Russ goes I go to? The bridge is burnt to the ground man. Their is no mending the fences or repairing any relationships here.

8. jowman

jowman Member

Dumb post

Why not? likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rumor.....also rumored he said no......I can stay...before Durant whispered in his ear during workouts....

come to Brooklyn. You will be wanted.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

But do you deny it.

I guarantee if Boston trades Gordon Hayward......they would bring back Olynyk or Baynes or Meyers Leonard
    or all of them.

11. riko

riko Member

Well the moves so far like getting rid of Covington isn’t exactly going to bode well if you are trying to convince James to stay is it?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No wonder Harden wants out

13. jowman

jowman Member

Both teams have far superior management considering the moves they were able to make, while being a less desirable environment for NBA players.

Before casting stones at superior run organizations you should take a look at what the rockets have done since fertitta bought the team.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

At this point I say just f$&@ing keep Harden and Westbrook. If I have to suffer the next two years watching this sh$&sshow, so should they!!!

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m a big fan of Covington.....but let’s face it. Major weakness guarding anyone on the perimeter.

During Thunder series he couldn’t stop anyone. I pointed out CP3 was going right predominately, Covington
    finally favored the right of CP3 at the end of a game. He would be tested next year the same way.

16. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Only once in the history of the organization, and that was because SVF f**ked us by regretting on a salary dumping trade sending DMO to the Pistons.

smp likes this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

sending away EGo is a MUST!!!!!!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

In 8 years, I will be 66 years old and the United States will raise the Social Security age to 70.

Donald Trump will be finishing his 2nd term after having rigged the election to beat Joe Biden.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman will be in his grave before the next time Rockets make the WCF again. Calling it now.

Patty Fertata will be the GM by then

20. GMNot

GMNot Member

I didn't know until tonight all the changes that have happened with the Rockets organization (except that D'Antoni decided not to return) At that time I surely thought that Van Gundy would probably have the advantage to become coach again. I was watching a late portion of the 2020 draft on NBA T tonight (which I didn't even know was going on - saw by accident) and heard what seemed like a lot of commotion going on at the Rockets, with Harden wanting to be traded, ditto Westbrook, etc. It sounded like things were cratering. So I go online to try to catch up and ended up reading comments in a few threads here.

There is no doubt that the sky "might" actually be falling. But in my trying to catch up I tried to find out how Stephen Silas became head coach. I ran across this short ~20 min. interview with him, hosted by Chris Mannix. (https://www.si.com/nba/2020/11/12/houston-rockets-head-coach-stephen-silas-interview) Part of it is printed but it's an audio interview a bit down the page.

I think despite the grim outlook from multiple factors, I took some heart listening to this new head coach and think the players, (who may or may not be wanting to head for green pastures) and fans, should really give Stephen Silas a chance at being someone they can rally around, if he can convince them that his "vision" for the team can be successful. It would be unfair of the players to not give him and his ideas a chance. Yes, he may fail, but let experience be the deciding factor, not perceived outcomes that may or may not be what actually happens. He will no doubt make mistakes and grow in the job. (Even experienced All-Star players make costly mistakes in games; do we ask for their heads? Hmm-m-m? I guess some do.) But that short interview convinced me that the players will be making a mistake to discount him before they even get to a "liftoff" of playing some games under his leadership.

And, yes, maybe Fertitta's demeanor, financial perspectives, and even his political perspectives may grate on people and players in the organization. But in the end it is a business and a player will always get the best from himself by shutting out those thoughts/distractions and concentrate wholly and solely on the game, and next possession at hand.

I'll choose to try to stay positive with such sudden and drastic changes -- a new head coach and new general manager. I say, "Lets give them a chance." (Don't forget that what Morey has done over his tenure has limited what can be done in the short run. I'd prefer to let the new head coach try to convince Harden and Westbrook to stay and give this a real go. As a Monday morning quarterback I would make a case that if cooler heads would have prevailed after the disappointing loss to Golden Sate in Game 7 of the WCF, had Paul and Harden tried a bit harder to coexist, had Capela been kept, that roster might have actually won a championship the next year. Look how well Paul recovered and played in OKC. Of course, now we'll never know.)

#60 GMNot, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020