1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. split41

split41 Member

Ok this is getting ridiculous now. CP3 was not the main reason we were close, it was Harden, which is why we almost won the games when cp3 was out. Cp3 was what was going to get us over the hump, not the engine driving us.

Patience and ElPigto like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

ain’t that the truth

same clowns who’ve been wanting Harden traded for years and saying that we don’t owe him anything are now mad that Harden wants out and is trying to get to the destination of his choosing

they can stfu...like u said, they’re getting what they wanted

Morey and Harden gone in 1 offseason...they no longer have to deal with an overrated GM and a choker as we embark on a rebuild...they’re all getting their wish

don’t start b*tching and crying now

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

We simply have to agree to disagree here, personally i'm pretty sure the "oh i know what we have to do", wasn't about Butler at all, just by the way Harden said that, but that's just me. I still respect your opinion here cause i know you aren't a fanboy of the player and you criticized Harden in the past, but while i absolutely agree on Tilman being that bad/the worst on everything, i'm also pretty sure the CP3 trade was way more about Harden wanting CP3 out.

#223 Vivi, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    blahblehblah likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah this is going to convince harden

joshuaao, Reeko and Vivi like this.
  6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Am I the only one all in for a rebuild?

AceOfSpades and matchesmalone like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

they should keep him only because that BK offer is so sh*tty, and according to Shams, Philly has been reluctant so far to include Simmons, so whatever they’re offering is even worse than BK

ain’t no working it out or convincing Harden...this thing is over

What, the Rockets are about to kill it in free agency and then make a run to the WCF or possibly finals? Please...

Two Sandwiches, blahblehblah and YOLO like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is basically the Melo in Denver situation if Melo still had 2 years left on his deal

9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

How could It go so wrong? I remember you being confident CP3/4 picks for Russell Westbrook was the best possible move.

A NO BRAINER, you would say

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Ruh roh, time to make some trades and cost cutting moves that kill the team.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, the best possible move was adding Jimmy Butler

I did think our championship window was closed after 18-19 which is why I came around to not being against trading for Westbrook even tho I hated it initially, and yeah, Westbrook was a fail

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Harden posted a cap last night saying its a lie. I don't believe any of this. Harden is Houston.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If it’s a lie, why did the Rockets trade their best defender and a perfect fit in their defensive system for what they gave up to acquire him in the first place? Trevor Ariza is now 35 years old, and he’s not the same player he was in 2018.

daywalker02, Vivi and YOLO like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

hang on for dear life as long as you can. most of us know its been over though. I'd say the faster the better so the shock of whats to come doesn't hit you as hard but the reality is its happening

AceOfSpades and Vivi like this.
  15. DVauthrin

At this point, all I want is for Stone to create a bidding war among Eastern Conference contenders and perhaps the Nuggets so the Rockets can get one of Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Siakam, Jamal Murray or an Adebayo/Herro package in return.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

This is so weird

joshuaao likes this.
  17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

What the hell. Lol. I guess he just means the Dynamo will represent us.

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

If Harden wants to leave us, then yes.

bballjunkie likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. DVauthrin

If the Rockets get the right offer for Harden, sure. If they take the poo-poo platter offered by Brooklyn, Tilman Fertitta should be booed relentlessly at every home game once fans return to the arena.

Lurch and Pringles like this.