1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj]Covington traded for Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Audioout

Audioout Member

What difference will it make to us? I thought we wanted valuable picks? The Warriors have the second pick in the draft. Also, I just find it funny how upset Lebron would be in this scenario. Can you imagine how crazy a Curry, Harden, Thompson, Tucker team would be?

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's really just a reflection on how sorry our team is outside of Harden tbh. An elite defender isn't supposed to get abused by Shroeder, but like I said, it was just a comment to make people feel better my guy.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's kind of silly to compare disagreements about basketball players to Trump and his fiasco against our election and democracy, leave that horse **** out of the GARM. It's warmly welcomed in the D&D though.

4. Rocketfanatic2

Posters in here making me question whether or not I saw CHRIS PAUL consistently blow by Covington with zero resistance.

Not a great trade; not a bad trade. Let’s see what happens.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Considering the fact that we are about to enter rebuild mode, getting 2 first round picks is a nice return for Covington.

VoR likes this.
  6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I actually thought this too when I started to think about tanking but forgot that it's top 4 now. So yeah, if we go Process bad next year there's still a 50% chance we wouldn't get to keep our pick.

Should've called Presti's bluff and raised some of those protections.

BHannes2BHonest and True Rocket like this.
  7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

This is actually a somewhat solid return for RoCo as well. Anger at the value we got in the trade on here seems misplaced.

HakeemOnlyFan and AXG like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

from Shams

“As far as the Sixers are concerned, unless they’re putting in Ben Simmons, which I’m told they’re not inclined to do right now, I don’t see a deal structure that makes sense for Philly outside of a guy like Ben Simmons.”

D-rock likes this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Jesus christ.

This is really the level of IQ of some of the fans.

Yikes.

10. VoR

VoR Member

Obviously with the lockdowns and the Lakers looking solid for next year, this is financially a very smart time to rebuild.

I'm excited about a new direction. Makes us relevant in the draft with possible Aleksej Pokusevski orJaden McDaniels risk/reward picks. House will get the chance to continue to be the poor man's Harden.

I imagine Gordon, Westbrook, Harden and Tucker are all gone.

Look at what OKC has done with their trades. They are a great and young team now. I imagine Rockets look to do the same in a continuation of a covid season that nobody will care much about nor remember.

ashleyem likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

If fixing culture was issue then should have shipped off House and EGo first.

If Ariza is back because Harden is having 2018 flashbacks then RoCo would have been the perfect Luc component, it took THREE elite switchable wings in the rotation for the defense to work.

And we can argue that RoCo weaponized that same 2018 defense into an even deadlier version in 2020.

And that was in just HALF a season.

BHannes2BHonest, Dankstronaut and HP3 like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol what are they offering then? Horford lmao

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even with Oubre, OKC is not making playoffs without CP3 or Shroder.

They are far from great.

Maybe if they hit on their picks in 3 or 4 years they will be back in postseason again.

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If we're rebuilding I'm fine with this.

Get what we can for PJ while we're at it, drop the bomb on it.

Rockets34Legend, jim1961 and DaDakota like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I could give a rat's ass about Lebron, GSW is the devil and helping them win another ring would test my fandom to its breaking point.

HP3 likes this.
  16. The Letter O

The Letter O Member

My Trail Blazers got better. Thanks, Planet Hooston!

D-rock likes this.
  17. Audioout

Audioout Member

It's going to get rough either way dude. Might as well find the bright side to the situation. And I call getting the 2nd overall pick and making Lebron cry, the bright side to very rough situation. Plus I just want to see how ridiculous that team can get.

Also, I just want to see PJ and Harden get rings. Even if it's with the enemy.

D-rock likes this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

RoCo is worth not even a top 10 pick?! Are you kidding me? And Ariza, man this feels like a joke. Hope he doesn't play a single game. Awful first trade by our GM.

TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets are interested in Kyrie or KD, not the Nets role players, so I’m wondering what deal we would accept from BK if it included Kyrie

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

overpay for roco and then trade him for trash. is this tilfuk's way of getting us to beg for anyone, even patrick, to replace this idiot stone?

D-rock likes this.