1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court Rules Trump Didn't Give Just Cause For Ending DACA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 18, 2020.

1. mazinger

mazinger Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

The comments of the Moderate Supreme Court Justices recently and the Appellate Court rulings have made it clear that the majority of the Judiciary is ready for the Trump show to move on.

The fight for the soul of the Republican Party is going to be fierce... same for the Democrats, they just haven’t had a populist quasi dictator yet... maybe Cuomo can be the Democrat Trump in 2024.

3. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Team blue is like three teams in one uni. There's not going to be a democrat Trump any time in the foreseeable future.

pgabriel likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I would not be so sure. I am not saying there WILL be, but it is certainly possible.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

How is Cuomo anything like Trump?

6. Nook

Nook Member

He is a machismo bully that ultimately makes everything about him:

pgabriel and JumpMan like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Well, anyone who runs fo a major political office likely has a ginormous ego (still nothing that compares to Trump). Cuomo certainly has that.

Politicians in general are slimy untrustworthy lying douchebags. Cuomo is all of that (though not in Trump's league).

back to "populist quasi dictator" ...

I would rather not parse from that 3 word quote a fully formed, fully nuanced understanding of what you are are actually thinking.

but

To be a populist one needs to be an anti-elitist. That is a hard sell for Cuomo, whose track record in politics at backing the rich donor interests is mixed at best. NY pro-labor Dems are generally not Cuomo fans, from what I have read.

Though I do not like Cuomo, I do not see him turning into a Trump or a mini-Trump.

Nook likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im sure. Its still a left vs moderate divide that is not easily patched. Its very functional which is the good news and the left falls in line for the good of the party but at some point they are gonna want their guy at the top.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except Cuomo also admits when he's wrong and has changed course when what he's doing isn't OK.

A Leftist Trump is certainly possibly as the World and history is replete with Leftist demagogue populists. If people like Michael Avenatti or Jon Edwards hadn't been exposed I would say they could've been.

No Worries likes this.