1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nerlens Noel would be cheaper.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have no doubt Morey still likes Horford, but not at 28 million per season when they have already three maxed players on the roster (one of them being a center) and Josh Richardson to resign in a year (or two).

As for the Hawks dude i don't really know how legit he is, but some detalis he has in his posts makes me think he really has some connections. Like i was reading earlier that Washignton is interested in Cousins and that makes sense, Wall is close to him and there were rumors about the Wizards being interested in making a trade for him years ago. Or things like the Mavs calling OKC to see if they can get CP3 since i can actually see Cuban trying to pull off that ****. Or how he says there's mutual interest bewteen Gallo and Toronto since there's a big italian community there and other stiff i was reading that now i forgot lol, but yeah, i doubt he would even care to make all that stuff up...also the way he talks about the Rockets, doesn't seem like something someone who doesn't reallyfollow or care for that team would be able to make up or even care to do (and that goes for all the teams he talks about).

Then again who knows, personally i like to read this stuff, makes me excited thinking about possible deals etc, whether it's true or not, i'd say who cares ;)

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I would love a Gordon/ Tucker for Barnes/ Holmes swap.

Gordon is redundant as a 6'3 SF who takes way too many shots from 40 feet (making very few). Barnes is a better option at 6'8, a stronger defender at either forward spot, a better rebounder, and is actually a better shooter. Can create his own shot when required, makes for a nice 3rd wheel. Oh, and doesn't turn the ball over very much.

As a bonus, doesn't squawk every drive either.

Holmes in place of Tucker isn't great, but he is a legit 6'10 rim protector who can run the floor and finish strong. A better C option than Tucker, and if we are left with Covington Barnes Green and House as the forwards, we are doing ok.

If we are keeping team Westbrook/ Harden, then we need to get bigger and stronger, more athletic and younger in the F and C spots. This trade does that in a major way.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah definitely, i like/d Capela more but it was a joke, even if the Rockets always bring back players so, who knows lol.

D-rock likes this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jeff Green was pretty amazing in the role.
    Put Covington and Barnes in the corners and Nwaba on the wing, Westbrook has a shooting lineup who are all very physically strong defenders, and have decent size.

Harden gets Holmes to play with as his big, and Tthere is still more shooting depth with McLemore and House not mentioned above.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Why is he in demand? He is already a good defender but he has the physical and athletic tools to become the best defender in the NBA. It sounds like hyperbole but that is his ceiling. He is 6’6” with a 7’0” wingspan, huge hands and excellent lateral quickness. His court awareness on defense improved over the course of the year. He also has great make up speed.

His weakness is on offense. He doesn’t really have any feel for putting the ball on the floor and creating. He isn’t comfortable driving or pulling up. He is just really limited. The hope is that he becomes a good enough three point shooter to stretch the defense and he can finish some lobs and get some finishes on the fast break.

Daryl Morey tried to trade for him before and his upside as a high end elite role player make him highly sought after, which is why the Rockets will not get him in a trade for Gordon.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone is sleeping on Nwaba but if he is back to where he was physically (he is already healthy) he will make a big difference. Defensively he is pretty close to elite. He can guard 1’s all the way through some 4’s. He gets out in transition and plays smart and within his abilities.

Covington and Nwaba on the floor together will be nasty defensively on switches. Tucker will be gone if the Rockets get something they value for him.

BHannes2BHonest, Deuce, amaru and 5 others like this.
  8. ths balla

ths balla Member

Am I crazy for wanting to revisit the Ayton/Booker for Harden deal next offseason, hell Id be very intrigued at pulling it this yr

xtruroyaltyx, HP3 and Denovo like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

BOS: Myles Turner, Andre Iguodala, Jeremy Lamb, Terrance Ross
    IND: Gordon Hayward, Markelle Fultz, Enes Kanter, Danuel House
    MIA: Victor Oladipo, Doug McDermott, Romeo Langford
    ORL: Russ Westbrook, Kelly Olynyk, Robert Williams, Ben McLemore + Rockets FRP + Pacers FRP
    HOU: Aaron Gordon, Tyler Herro, Jonathan Isaac,
    Marcus Smart, Mo Bamba

6'3 Smart (26)/6'2 Nunn (25)
    6'5 Herro (20)/6'3 EGo
    6'5 Harden/6'5 Nwaba (27)
    6'7 RoCo/6'5 Tucker
    6'8 AG (25)/7'0 Bamba (22)

*Rockets can play big with Bamba at 5 or death lineup with AG at small ball 5. Defense is deep and lockdown.

MLE: 6'8 Josh Jackson (23) or 6'10 Harry Giles (22)

You're welcome!

#329 D-rock, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Man....the fact that you guys are so willing to trade Gordon and Tucker really saddens me man.

Also the second this Hawks guy said Tillman was willing to pay the tax was the second I stopped believing him.

D-rock and Wooderson like this.
  11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I would trade Gordon idk about Tucker. But Gordon has been on a decline for 2 seasons. He might have a couple good games but mostly bricks his shots and turnover whenever he tries to handle the ball.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Lockdown defender potential

AceOfSpades and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. mightybosstone

I like Gordon as a person and appreciate him for his contributions to the team, but I'd trade him for a halfway decent sandwich and a six-pack of beer (local craft, obviously; I'm not a monster).

The guy can't stay healthy, has lost his jumper and become too unreliable on offense. Basically, he was terrible last season by every statistical metric, and the contract extension he signed makes it even worse. If the Rockets can move him and get a quality asset in return, they should do it.

BHannes2BHonest, fattz and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I feel you. Gordon and Tucker are dependable and playoff experienced. They are just getting old. Injuries may start to happen more. Really depends on what we can get back for them. Tucker does a lot of things that’s hard to replace especially at the price he’s being paid. I hope we get versatile, tough and smart bigs.

HP3 likes this.
  15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Came to make this joke. You b*stard.

16. gogispade

gogispade Member

You all talk about Atlanta cyberx alikes.. i'd to hear what the OG Cyberx have to say... at least give us some Phila news man :D

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am excited about Nwaba on this team and am bullish for him. With Tucker, it is hard for me to say if he will be moved or not. Don't you think his relationship with Harden makes it likely he won't be moved? I don't have a feel for this.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think they will move Tucker unless it is for something they believe will substantively improve the team. I think Harden would support it if he believes it improves the team.

I could see Tucker moved for size that can defend and shoot. Something like Horford from the Sixers in a bigger deal. Listening to Silas it is pretty clear he wants some more size. Now that could end up being someone like Noel that can finish on give and go or it could be someone like Horford that can defend and also shoot and move the ball.

Covington is somewhat unique for the Rockets because he can start at either the 3 or 4. So that allows the Rockets to move Gordon and/or Tucker. So the Rockets can address one starting forward and center through the MLE and the other through trade.

Nwaba and House become very important in that scenario because they would get a solid amount of guard and forward minutes.

With Silas and Stone we need to see if they can “finish”... same with Tilman as well. Will Silas get Harden and Westbrook to play the way he wants.... will Stone get Silas the pieces he needs... will Tilman spend the money.

amaru, Deuce, BHannes2BHonest and 2 others like this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not because his lack of Talent, Tucker can ball. It's just not working, plus he's getting older and wants another big contract like Ariza. You can't blame them.....plus I know he is not going to want to come off the bench.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  20. BeardedWonder

BeardedWonder Member

Haven’t heard from any of our “insiders” because all of their sauces are gone from the front office. i.e Gerson Rosas