1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. HTM

HTM Member

Aren't those places running out of water? You're trading receding coast line for water wars lol.

Yung-T and RayRay10 like this.
  2. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This entirely. Democrats have to stop thinking of Trump voters (not supporters) as bad people, racists, etc. That is a false narrative and undermines the intelligence and morals of millions of Americans that voted for Trump but most likely despise the man but agree with "some" of his policies. Start focusing on your candidate and VP candidate as being the best candidate for the job and don't focus solely on social issues.

In regards to morals, Harris reaching out to Jacob Blake was beyond confusing. I realize he is a victim but his ex-gf was a potential victim as well. I realize why all of the focus is on him due to police but can we not consider the woman who called the cops on him and think how she feels about the man allegedly raping her being seen as someone to fight justice for? How moral is that? There is a better way to handle social incidents like this and not considering what this man may have done is very confusing and sets a bad precedent for democrats regarding these types of scenarios where no one really has all of the facts except for the people involved. We need leaders that will deescalate these incidents somehow in a country of 330 million people and make people understand there are 2 sides to every story. I am all for police reform but this seemed like the wrong stance to take by Biden/Harris while it seemed the democrats were screaming defund the police.

As many of you have said, Biden is meh and aging so picking a divisive VP like Harris was the wrong way to go IMO. A likeable VP would have swayed some voters. Some still went with Biden in hopes that Harris doesn't take over for him.

Don't underestimate cancel culture as well. I am sure many people voted for Trump due to cancel culture becoming a hot topic and young dems were leading that charge.

One thing to consider, if this pandemic never happened Trump would have won in a landslide most likely, agreed? The economic hit, failure to safeguard Americans, lack of empathy from Trump and many of the racial protests may not have even occurred if the pandemic never happened. Unfortunately for all of us, the pandemic is here to stay so it is a little surprising that the election is so close given all that has happened but I think some people feel if the pandemic were behind us, they would rather have Trump as the president to get back to where we were in 2019 but that is likely false hope regarding the pandemic. We can all safely say life was much simpler back in 2019, agreed?

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

She doesn't see them that often anyways. I can't hold a grudge like that. I'll just turn the other cheek.

Not a christian, or religious, but I know what's right and that she's ignorant, and that's enough for me. I'll think less of her, and if she brings it up in person, I'll tell her how it is. Otherwise, I know and that's all that matters to me. Not worth a fight

jiggyfly, Yung-T, malakas and 3 others like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've been telling the Trump dudes I know, and am on friendly terms with, that in 2022 when Kamala is running the country, she's going to require all white males to pee sitting down. It's all in good fun. Lulz.

5. IVFL

IVFL Member

This is gold!.

That's like Fox News type sources there.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

What the fork Nevada?! Why did they stop counting?

7. Rudy

Rudy Member

8. what

what Member

Is North Carolina the best path for the Senate for the Democrats at this point?
    there's still mail in ballots that haven't even showed up yet in North Carolina so I would think that there's a chance that the Democrat could take that seat is that not right?
    And then we need to have a runoff in both elections in Georgia I guess?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

As the father to a potty training toddler I support this. KAMALA 2024!

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While I still hold hope for the Senate ending up in a tie, probably a forlorn hope (I hope not!), I wanted to praise your post. Very well said. I personally know Republicans who feel the same way and I suspect there are a few Republicans in the Senate who feel the way you do, but fear to say so out loud.

Kudos! :cool:

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Sure as hell scared me. I NEVER cared about politics and never voted but, when I heard him say that, I couldn't register to vote fast enough.

Yung-T, foh, London'sBurning and 5 others like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

**** is getting crazy in Phili

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Good, now I am confident the exact opposite is true.

weakfromtoday and RayRay10 like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brooks Brothers riot.

Google it.

London'sBurning likes this.
  16. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

It's going to be tough, but not impossible.

Based on some back of the envelope calculations, to take Perdue to less than 50% of the vote, he'll need to get less than 100k of the 250k remaining vote (40%).

Absentee votes across the entire state so far is split 48.3% Perdue and 49.7% Ossoff, but more of the votes remaining are in the blue counties.

So i'd say it's possible, but not likely. I also feel like it's winning run-off elections in GA would be a tall task.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is really bad, basically intimidation. I worried some crazy group of Trump supporters would do something to try and stop counting and here we are. Hopefully, they aren't armed. I put nothing past crazy wing nuts.

Hakeemtheking, HP3 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

I'm a grown man that knows how to take a joke for what it is.

RayRay10 likes this.