1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Week 5

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Oct 8, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The cowboys gave him the best deal
    He thought he was worth more than that which he’s not. He’s not as athletic as Watson or accurate as Mahommes. Plus Pat got the mvp and won the Super Bowl.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

That injury was tough to see. Hope he gets well soon.

WRT the contract I thought he should have taken the offer over the summer. It seemed fair and in line with the market but I don't fault him for wanting more. He took a risk and it backfired. 31 mil guaranteed is a bunch but it's not 100+ million guaranteed.

Time will tell if he can come back from this on the field. Good luck Dak.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Are the cowboys not going to franchise him again? Are they going to let him walk? He was on pace to throw for 5k+ yards.

VooDooPope likes this.
  6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The ultimate wait and see. I wasn't sold on Dak before the injury. He's a good QB but I dont think he's a great QB. The Packers seem intent on moving from Rogers, I'd maybe see how Daks recover is going, maybe another franchise tag, or maybe go after a proven QB like Rogers. I hate to see Daks days in Dallas end that way but it may be what is best for the franchise.

7. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

There's no 'wait and see' about it. The Jones family loves Dak. He will be a Cowboy for a long time...assuming there are no issues coming back from this injury next Spring.

9. Major

Major Member

What the hell?? Rodgers is having arguably the best season of his career, his Packers are possibly the best team in football, him and his coach are completely in-sync this year, and he's under contract for 4 more years. Rodgers will either retire a Packer, or he'll leave when he's over the hill for a last-gasp somewhere. He's not coming to Dallas to play for the coach that he had massive conflict with towards the end of his GB tenure.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I was just parroting what I heard on NFL radio about the Packers front office and their Jordan Love pick, Kenny Clark's big deal, salary cap effects, and why that may lead to Rodgers being expendable in the future.

I wasn't suggesting he was high tailing it to Dallas, rather suggesting that there may be options available while Dak is on the mend. (Like Cam was for NE, etc)

And I agree, the way he's playing now they'd be crazy to move on with an unproven rookie. I think the cowboys are lucky to have Dalton as a backup right now at least he has experience and the NFC east is so weak the team is still in the division.

Major likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Awful & sad. Rest in peace Vaughn McClure.