1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chinese government is disgusting... again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Nook, Oct 9, 2020.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Back to the hair thing: I have actually toured a Chinese prison, in 1990. It did not look like good times: it looked like prison.
    I have no doubt these internment camps are real. I believe China harvests organs from prisoners, Falungong members and others.

I would just like to point out that there is forced labor in US prisons. I am tired of the angelic posturing.
    Soldiers and prisoners can indeed have all their hair cut off in the good ol' USA.
    So the issue seems to be the selling, the capitalist aspect of seeking profit. But Americans are buying. Again, this is like Americans getting pissed off at their drug dealer, which they also do.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You call China disgusting? Why? Did this just all of a sudden happen?

my employer back in the mid-2000s said China locked up Falun Gong in brain washing camps and abused them, stole their organs....yawn.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He literally said... again.

Cohete lost his fastball.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I wake up and when I look at my news feed, I see at least 5-6 negative articles on China everyday. Most specifically from Trump supporters and his group (specifically Pompeo who clearly stated USA lies, cheats and steals and yet he continues to do it)

however what makes me most pissed is

Everyone thinks the USA got to its current position by playing nicely.

If your an American, I beg you to focus on our own real issues and making your voice heard vs following the “blame someone else and we are better mentality”. This is exactly what our current president is doing.

It’s a running joke, friends in Europe/Asia are all laughing how hypocritical we American are with our “look at what other counties are doing, meanwhile our own crap is all over the news”.

Just like I tell my European/Asian friends None of us really know the true stories on what other countries are doing because we should all know how media/politicians can spin any news to make it sound one sided

My true anger Is towards the capitalist companies who promote and buy goods from these so called places??

I have knowledge in manufacturer and have toured so called Walmart suppliers......those people speak a good game buy turning their heads when they don’t want to see something.

I know many Fortune 500 manufacturing. I can tell you all of these companies only have 1 goal. How to get the best price and how to play the system (leverage local country laws). Even from these so called “sustainable companies”. I seen companies who make complete hats/clothing in India and sew their “made in USA labels” in USA. Remove the labels and sew their own label on.

so if you want to be pissed, go ask these companies why do they continue to exploit the cheapest labor and continue to not “pay” proper manufacturing prices for goods. Negotiating $.01, meanwhile the item cost $.05 cents.......then asking a manufacturing they need to abide by “western rules of manufacturing because we don’t want to be on news”.

if someone wants to say I am a commie, don’t worry I understand how it’s very hard to look at oneself and realize the world is actually Round and nobody is clean.

However if you really want to make a difference go find the bastards who continue to buy goods from places you think is bad, because these people enable the greed.

have a nice day

sirbaihu likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

False commie equivalency. Many of us talk about the problems with capitalism and our lying, lunatic President on a regular basis. I sure as hell do. No people criticize their own government more than Americans. Most of what we get from Chinese posters here is a bunch of double talk about not being communist while their government regularly does communist type things.

malakas, fchowd0311, Pringles and 2 others like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chinese citizens can’t talk bad about their one party system
    Or they will be part of the zero party

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Economically, China is not even close to being communist. Back in the 1970's they were truly communist. That meant: every person had a job; you got an apartment through your work unit, not by buying one; businesses were not motivated by profit; the currency exchange rate was artificial. . . . Today, for a Chinese individual, there is no communist economy in China, no more than in the U.S., anyway.

Politically China is Communist. That puts them in the company of North Korea and maybe Cuba. Politically China does suck ass.

I just want to know why America has to gasp and faint about all the sins of the world. Are we still trying to pretend we're "exceptional"? Americans are special indeed: we actually believe we are special, while few other nationalities are so full of themselves.

This is America's deep puritanical, "shining city on the hill" roots coming through. This whole thread is simply about "We're better than our drug dealer."

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

TMac'n, B-Bob, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

China is long past communism and and morphed into a neo-fascist state. It's authoritarian, right-wing, capitalistic, expansionistic, and high on nationalism.

It's not a pure fascist state but like Russia and Saudi Arabia, it's close enough and that's the best descriptor. People like @dachuda86 want to label you it communism, but that died with Mao.

malakas, Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Lebron would like a word with the OP

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black woman wearing ridiculous weaves is a bigger issue. This is a real issue of how black people view ourselves.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The hair is just a revenue stream to package up like wool or meat.

China exploits the "cost factor" well. Time we do something about it.

Yusan’s wife said her stepdaughter “cried so hard” when talking about the forced labor, saying she "lived through hell" and that she would have considered suicide if it was permissible.

Testimonies like these shatter the illusion of a voluntary job creation program in Xinjiang, experts say.

Several major reports have concluded that the poverty alleviation scheme provides a cloak for forced labor, including analyses from ASPI, as well as the Center for International and Strategic Studies (CSIS) in the US, and academic and China expert Adrian Zenz.

The reports also highlight the mass transfer of Uyghur and ethnic minority labor from Xinjiang to factories in other parts of the province and across China -- known officially as a “mutual pairing assistance program.” ASPI says at least 80,000 Uyghurs have been transferred to 27 factories across China since 2017.

ASPI’s ‘Uyghurs for Sale’ report even identified advertisements in online forums offering to arrange large numbers of Xinjiang workers. CNN has verified that several of the adverts are still online, including one with phrases like “absolutely obedient,” “can endure hardships” and “won’t cause trouble.”

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nook isn’t wrong, organ harvesting is also going on there.

the country is a ****ing cancer and animal/human rights poster child. I don’t mean to generalize, but morality is something harder and harder to find in China

tinman, R0ckets03 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Aren't people in China dancing in the street for Lebron's victory?

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Part of the agreement they made for a championship

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Out of any fandom, the Rockets franchise should be the last to make these criticisms. The franchise that benefited the most from Chinese fans from a financial perspective is our very own Houston Rockets.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

That’s Les Alexander
    Don’t throw the fans in with the owner

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

He’s not wearing a Rockets Jersey though

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And the NBA franchise that has benefited the most front he Chinese market is the Houston Rockets. The jersey doesn't change that fact.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

He’s not wearing a Rockets jersey
    @Reeko @Os Trigonum

If he did, Les Alexander would have that as the giant banner on Toyota center

RayRay10 likes this.