1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think we should do this offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Sep 12, 2020.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

I think it's time to rebuild

I would go as far as to say I'd trade Harden & Westbrook in a package for young pieces, draft picks & expirings

If we could get Mitchell
    I'd trade Westbrook & Harden for Mitchell, expirings and DPs at this Stage.

Utah wants to compete, an upgrade would help.
    This is just an example but something similar would be good.

matchesmalone likes this.
  2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nothing we lost all of our picks for nothing

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Trade for players who don’t quit. That’d be a good start.

4. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Only hope is the Knicks fail to land a star again and would be willing to trade something / anything of value for Westbrook.

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Regarding notion of blowing the team up, while I understand the frustration and temptation, there's no guarantee we'd be back at moderate relevancy.

The team that beat us; who are advancing in 2020 playoffs, previous playoff entry was 7 years ago. In 2012-2013 they were swept by the Spurs out of the first round. The Lakers even with its L.A. market took 7 years for their 'rebuild' to make it back.

#5 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    glynch likes this.
  6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Blow the whole thing up, get Morey, Russ, Dantoni and Harden outta here.

7. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Mitchell is not better than Harden

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

find some team dumb enough to take westbrick. the team instantly moves back in the right direction from there

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Given that we're not going to trade Russ because of his terrible deal and Harden would veto:

Major moves: Find the best deal for Gordon, try to deal him for a stretch 5 like Horford, Turner, Love, Griffin, etc. Serge Ibaka is an UFA and would be another really good stretch 5 possibility.

Find the best head coach available who actually knows Xs and Os. We are at a disadvantage every postseason because we have the worst coach.

Minor moves: Re-sign Gerald Green as suggested by ClutchFans tweet. Re-sign Jeff Green for vet min.

10. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I’m ready for a coaching change. If Pop is leaving San Antonio he would be my number one target but that’s wishful thinking. I don’t know why, just a gut feeling, but I’d say talk to Tun Duncan and see if he has any interest. I think Harden and Westbrook would respect him.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lol I can just imagine Westbrook and Knick fans and NY media. That would be absolute comedy. I'm pretty sure at some point there will be punches thrown, but imagine Westbrook finally getting humbled.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good ideas. Turner would be my choice. Ibaka would be nice with an S/T. No to Love and Griffin. Vet minimum signing for Jeff Green is fine with me. A smaller but helpful 4 would be Noah Vonleh. He is a UFA. X's and O's are important, but discipline is needed too.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

We need to make sure Harden brings Daniel House to the strip clubs so he can release himself before games.