1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garage floor epoxy - prices you've paid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by itony, Sep 11, 2020.

1. itony

itony Member

Just trying to figure out what a good price per sq ft is...

If you've done it:
    1)price you've paid/ price per sq ft
    2)size of your garage ( 2 car vs 3 car or even better the square footage)

thanks

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Side question: Why are you doing it?

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I've seen ranges between $3-5/sq ft. I'd love to get it done, but it's more a luxury than other home improvement projects. If your car is a workshop, don't get flakes. You'll lose every small part.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. CrazyJoeDavola

Its cheap if it you DIY. A few hundred bucks. Prep is key. Make sure there are no oil stains. Clean several times with a grease remover. Etch it with muriatic acid. I did my 3 car garage years ago. I believe it was a few weekends of work (95% prep; actual application of the epoxy coating took about 1 to 2 hours) All in about $300 in materials.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. itony

itony Member

as Duncan said it's more so a luxury. People do it for looks and bc it protects the floor against stains etc....easier to clean

atleast that's why I'm wanting to do it ;)

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If you DIY it's pretty cheap (as per the post above). I also recommend that route unless you're trying to get a specific look. And that's great advice on the flakes/specs as per the other post you referenced.

Anyway, just go with a normal color if you do car work etc in the garage, don't get me wrong, the add-ons can look nice but if I drop a screw/bolt etc I want it as easy as possible to find.

I've also done it before and it's probably one of the easier DIY jobs you can do/have done etc. What's also nice is if it's just the garage you really can't mess it up that bad. That's probably the best place to try and DIY, hahah unless you have a reason to show off your garage - TV gig/customers etc - no one is going to walk in your garage and ask "what happen to the epoxy job here?". At least I'd hope not, it's the garage

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

So people use their garages for cars around here?