1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I held the possibility that he just weren’t informed (that he was simply stupid or ill informed). From that audio clip, and his admission later, he has admitted that he knew how deadly this virus could be and yet he lied about it, saying it would just vanish, it’s just like the flu, it’s a hoax. He knowingly lied.

If you are lied to intentionally, and you accept it, allow it, rationalize it away, what does that mean you are as a person?

glynch, jsingles, superfob and 7 others like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Should we panic now?

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You'd have to be a really horrible person to vote for him after that. He killed Americans by the thousands by trying to make them think they wouldn't die from this. They are still following that attitude. No person with any sense of humanity or moral compass would vote for him. No way.

#5063 deb4rockets, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yes, but only at the Disco.

Dubious, RayRay10 and KingCheetah like this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I knew Trump was lying to cover stuff up from the start. The virus wasn't killing thousands in Italy because it wasn't deadly. Honestly, anyone should have known better, and still should.

The Problem is he is still doing this, making it seem fine to be out and maskless, and is doing NOTHING to stop it. He doesn't condone it, and actually encourages it as a sign of Trump unity. If this isn't reason enough to kick him out of the White House right now, then what is? Even all the serial killers and terrorists in history haven't killed as many Americans as he has. He's pure evil. Lies lies lies, Money and Power, lies, lies, lies, and more lies.

He easily scores as a psychopath, if you look at the criteria on the standard DSM test (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). How is he deemed fit to serve our country? Seriously, how is that possible? Can't he be forced to have a psychological exam by more than one doctor? This would certainly happen in the military, and this man is their Commander in Chief. Somebody tell me how this is possible. How is he considered fit for duty, as we say in the military?

#5065 deb4rockets, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Dubious, Blatz, quikkag and 4 others like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm beginning to believe that the line between normal IQ and Intellectual Disability is scored by being Pro-Trump or against Trump. Nobody gathered at his Maskless rallies can possibly have an IQ above the line.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

trumps own words undermine the 'no big deal' argument..

trump really thinks he is some kind of patriarch and that it was going to go away.

i have had a ticket or obligation ive put off before and he had a chance to lead or play some sort of padre don trump to us 'what we dont know wont hurt us'
    this is one of those smarter than you think you are outsmart yourself. he says it himself 5% vs 1% than flu..deadly..airborne ...its like all there most coherent Ive ever heard. but like bill obrien lets just trade hopkins.

in trump case lets sleep through february and turn it into something political? what a strange move but more than anything its apathy...rookie..lack of leadership or administration

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

That’s a solid question and something that has to be asked of all of the authors that are only coming forward with information after writing a book.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree. It also needs to be asked of every single Trump loyalist and backer and the GOP. I am voting straight ticket Democrat for that reason. They all have blood on their hands, and they are all swimming in the swamp of deceipt and corruption right along with Trump. Well, he probably isn't swimming actually. I picture him more like floating and gasping for air.

Blatz, edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  11. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Nope cause MojoMan is a b****

Dubious, Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

wow, smh at that Trump rally...

all I see in that pic are a bunch of idiots with health issues and clogged arteries

deb4rockets, RayRay10 and edwardc like this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Evacuate to katy now !!1!

Dubious and RayRay10 like this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As the person that started this thread, I knew this timeline would be important. I encourage you guys to go back and read the first post once every month or two as a reminder.

Honestly, I'm not shocked by these tapes. What I am shocked at is that there are still people willing to vote for this man, and that, in many cases, they are some of the most vulnerable to Covid-19 (at least the Trump voters I know).

And here's another one: don't be shocked when the proof starts coming out that Russia is gaslighting the rioting and BLM vs. ultra right stuff. Everybody just needs to meet in the middle here, folks.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Kudos, and good reminder to look at the OP. What is perhaps most amazing is after all that has happened, and all that we know now and found out this week... people still defend him, what he did, and what he has done the whole time. That to me is the real horror in all this.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Only the second time Time Magazine has used a black border (the only other time... 9/11).

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian