1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biased commentary

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 5, 2020.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Doris next game for sure the Lebron worshiping will be at an all time high now that Giannis is getting big boyd by the Heat

macan likes this.
  2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

How many times do I have to hear how old Lebron is? I hope Doris Burke doesn't do any of our games. She sounds like she just woke up from a hangover.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    I heard if you go to China and eat in a Chinese restuarant

The menu is written in Chinese

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

I truly wish there was a alternate feed without the announcers especially since we have all these apps that people are watching the games through.
    But for now, if you get 5.1 surround, turn down center channel on your receiver and that should take away most of it.

Things I noticed:
    Harden crosses Lebron over, gets to the bucket easily...reaction: Excellent defense by lebron
    Constant mention of how great lebron is and how he is doing this at age 35!
    Constant mention of harden playing better today so he can forget his atrocious game 7
    Numerous foul calls that weren't fouls shown during replay.....*crickets*

hajkov likes this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Did you notice when they mentioned Tucker’s great D when the other player scored anyway?

Wouldn’t you say that’s as much a compliment of the offensive player as it is the defensive player? That’s how I understand it. Like: sometimes the D is really good, but a great offensive player scores anyway.

Sajan likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As bad as they all are, the Rockets also use Bill Worrell, Bullard and Clyde ... so hard to complain lol.

Sajan and Nook like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nook likes this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The underrated D for Harden still comes with almost a back handed or surprised feel. Just lazy research from professionals. That’s probably the part that bugs me, I know they’re paid to make stories, I just don’t think that’s what they should be doing.
    Know the teams, know the product, know the numbers and call it evenly. Shouldn’t be that hard imo

9. tinman

Supporting Member

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no idea how you listen to Mark Jones call games for James Harden. Kudos.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, a lot of the announcers don’t really care who wins. They may be more familiar with LeBron and the Lakers so perhaps that has a slight influence but that’s human. The one exception is Doris Burke, who if I remember right has been very critical of the Rockets away from the mic.... I think that is why sometimes it is smart to call the game and leave it at that.

The commentator that actually understands what the Rockets are trying to do, and is the most educated on the Rockets is Mark Jackson. I don’t think Mark Jackson is a good person, but when he is interested, he knows a lot of basketball.

luckyman76 and tinman like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

momma their goes that man
    hand down man down

Nook likes this.
  13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I love listening to commentators who are biased against us tbh. The sound of their salt when we break their hearts is music to my ears. I've said it before but there's no sweeter joy than schadenfreude.

IBTL and durvasa like this.
  14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He was pretty complimentary of the Rockets last night. Disagree with most of the troll foul calls, etc.

Nook likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

What was up with the arena announcer getting hype and singing when LeBron dunked on Russ? Have the home announcers been there all along in the tv audio background and i just haven't paid attention because few are those hype men type instead of the common monotone announcers?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Those are all pre-recorded sounds

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Oh ok. I haven't heard anything for any other players except that single play and it was loud and hard to miss. Didn't hear it the rest of the game either. Thought Bron brought his own personal hype man.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

oh I thought you were talking about the fake cheers

no that was ESPN, basically the Lakers network

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

You serious? Wow.

20. HardenVolumeOne

you could do a lot worse than mark jones and mark jackson. At least they compliment the rockets and harden instead of throw subtle shots at them. BTW i love mark jones and his punchlines

durvasa likes this.