1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/22/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We just got caught up in the chaos. I had the sound muted much of the 4th because I was afraid that I’d throw the remote at my TV if I heard Doris make one more stupid insipid comment simply because she loves the sound of her own voice and is infatuated with the Dort kid.

2. riko

riko Member

I told you guys earlier. . They were fighting for their playoffs life’s and Paul resorted to his tried and usual cheap shot tactics

I think we will win this series but it will be a dogfight

Remlap and bro2044 like this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thank you for summarizing the misogynistic viewpoint of the anti-Doris crowd so eloquently.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I am still waiting for a reason why Eric Gordon is allowed to shoot as much as he is. Simply wasting possessions on him at this point.

Crashlanded19 and bro2044 like this.
  5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just letting everyone know this user was banned.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

One of the few redeeming things to come out of this dumpster fire of a thread. Being up 2-1 in a playoff series shouldn't come with this kind of ****ery from the fans.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Your recent report has been resolved: Post in thread 'Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/22/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)' - User has been banned"

feelsgoodman. Glad to know our voice matters on this board.

Patience likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not to insert myself in your delightful conversation with @iNoseBleedRed, but I think both of you have different definitions of the word "goon."

To me, "goon" does not mean enforcer. Goon means the dude who talks trash to get under your skin and constantly starts arguments which may or may not snowball as the game progresses. Maybe they also elbow you a little too hard or pushes you in a certain way for most of the game, where you'd want to retaliate.

KG is a good example of this. But if you ask me, Chuck Hayes is more Tim Duncan than KG, in that Duncan just puts his head down, goes to work and is pretty much unaffected by taunts (both physical or emotional).

tl;dr goon =/= enforcer. goon =/= great on defense.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I had to put game on mute sometime right before halftime .

it wasn’t just Doris , the PbP guy was awful too .

I gave up watching intently about halfway through the fourth , went to do other things, and periodically checked on the score .

I’ve never done that during a playoff game . Especially a playoff game that is close or that we are winning . (I usually even don’t mind watching blowouts cause at least our bench will play)

I gave up because the rockets mentally were done . They were blatantly screwed by the refs for essentially the entire game and they weren’t hitting . It got to the players . I know TnT has rules about what can be said , but the officiating was not mentioned once and how am I supposed to think the announcers know **** if they can’t call out the obvious ?

there was one harden attack on Dort ... where dirt played good defense , but lowered the arm and fouled him . Doris just seemed exasperated, she praised the defense , and was like “just a little bit with the arm at the end”

when your team is frustrated , You feel the refs aren’t being fair , AND the commentators also seem to favor OKC ... it’s tough to watch .

When the main PBP guy was talking about the lead fluctuating between 6 and 7 I had had enough .

it’s the worst nba product I’ve seen . I don’t believe incompetence was the only thing at play . How am I supposed to enjoy games, enjoy wins if I think it’s just being manufactured?

the rockets could have won that game and it wouldn’t change how I feel . I was most frustrated in the first half when we were playing great and winning . The bad Reffing ruined the game . What I felt was biased commentating didn’t help either .

I don’t even mute Reggie Miller (objectively worse than Doris) but damn . I couldn’t watch the BS on the court AND listen to the BS the commentators were saying

hakeem94, Deckard and seeingredtx like this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Thank you, Clutch!

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It seems everyone was triggered by the refs and Doris Burke.

The same problem happens year after year, the refs will not be on our side in the playoffs. The league clearly wants a LA vs LA WCF, just watch the reffing in both LA series, it's very one-sided. If we can't even overcome refs against OKC, we got no chance vs Lakers or Clippers.

As for Doris Burke, she's a well known Rocket hater although, she does it with very subtle jabs or she'll constantly praise the other team that we're playing.

hakeem94 and seeingredtx like this.
  12. MettaWorldPete

Thanks Clutch. This forum is really exceptional. We appreciate your work!

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Exactly. Our biggest goon ever was Beverly, but it's all about thinking whose next. I wanna go with rafer. Remind if franchise used to talk smack?

14. today

today Contributing Member

Didn't see it mentioned, but I just wanted to document that the refs missed an obvious double dribble call on CP, somewhere around 2 minutes to go in the 4th. Dribble drive against Austin Rivers, lost control of the ball on his own, nobody else touched it, CP retreated behind the 3 point line to recover the ball, picked it up with two hands, pivoted back towards the goal and began dribbling again.

Not sure how refs can ever miss a call that blatantly obvious. Plenty of examples of horrific officiating so far in this series... add this one to the list.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are lucky my man, you doubt integrity of nba office...my problem is more complex... i suspect even some of our players were on the mission to throw this game and some games in the past..

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think its dantonis method and hes thinking longterm trusting him now in order to repay him in the later rounds

Patience likes this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Gordon shot like crap yesterday, but he was pretty good in Games 1 and 2. More than that, he's a good defender and is the only guy on the roster (other than Harden and Westbrook) that can really handle the ball, initiate the offense, and create shots. Rivers and Green can do it for 1 or 2 plays, but not regularly. You need a guy like Gordon. I do hope he gets his shot back, however. It is a little painful right now.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if he could only be more patient with the ultra long 3s.. and use more of drive and kicks... he was excellent at driving and kicking it out in game 2..
    if i was him i would drive and see if i can make layup or kickout... if not then reset the action and try again and would minimize pulling up from 3 to max 2 times a game

Patience likes this.
  20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Little consolation for HUGE miss by the refs that materially affected the outcome of the game.

Remlap likes this.