1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Ringer: The Houston Rockets Are a Massive Playoff Threat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 21, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could it be the owner? the factor nobody is talking about
    could there be lucrative incentives for Green and McLemore who were basically trending downward until Morey scooped them up for cheap

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm sure they have to change the story there is success so else the listeners will get confused

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Chris Vernon sounds like he is 65, in his voice and with his old school adherence to the eye test. They chose well to contrast him with KOC, their best analyst who is probably the only one at the Ringer who actually watches the games and forms his own opinions outside of the hype and the contrived 'narratives' self-perpetuated by the media. Basically, whenever it's been about projecting forward and having an "argument" about any topic in basketball, KOC racks up wins and Vernon just has a nonstop layup line of big fat L's. It's intended that way, except just like in all other punditry (see, Skip Bayless, Kellerman, SAS, Cowherd), there is no consequence to losing. It's not like they actually have to eat all the **** they keep talking.

4. runamok

runamok Member

I totally agree with this- or someone experienced associated from this website needs to, its about time.

Sure miss the DD Video cast days, those were excellent, classic (not to mention-Gulf Oil Spill solution- priceless)

travfrancis likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

He came after me first when tinman DM'ed his lynch mob to run me off CF a few days ago.

Just giving as well as I'm getting.

We used to be cool, he reached out to me just a week before so not sure why he started targeting me with animus.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Weird. You're just too positive and uplifting during a depression I guess. Srry bro

Rock Block, KingCheetah and D-rock like this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

This was a perfectly good internet fight brewing til you threw water over the flames.

[​IMG]

8. dmoneybangbang

KOC and Tjarks are their best NBA analyst even if Tjarks is a Dallas homer.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Also, I think Chris Vernon just gets triggered by the sight/mention of Harden because the Grizzlies could have picked Harden but picked Thabeet instead.

. [​IMG]

#49 Williamson, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

More like Piss Vermin

D-rock likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't know who Vernon is but, I know who BIll Simmons is !
    @KingCheetah

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets can be a threat, and even better is you take away that LA Mess and not having to fly west coast. I say if houston wants 1 chip, and they really deserve it with Gsw out, i just hope this is there year with Goldenstate away. Harden may never have another chance like this. I assume he could win elsewhere but atleast get 1 championship now.