1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

If Lebron had signed with Rockets in 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Aug 19, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, it was a dumb decision for him. He wanted to chase some Hollywood career when he could have just done that after retiring.

It's not like Durant, Dwight, Jordan, or any player that's appeared in a movie needed to play in LA to do so. I mean, I guess if you're a rotation guy like Rick Fox it helps you.

D-rock likes this.
  2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Lebron chose the Lakers to build his media empire in LA before he retires from basketball, not to win championships. If he wanted to win as many titles as possible before he retired, then I think he would’ve signed with Houston. I also get the feeling that Harden and Lebron don’t really like each other. I don’t think they have beef or anything like that, but there is something there and I would be surprised if they ever really considered playing together.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think his family played a huge role as well...they wanted to be in LA...his sons going to school there and his wife wanting that city

plus with all that cap space and young players available for trade, he probably had dreams of another Big 3 with him as the leader

Houston would’ve been guaranteed championships for him

FrontRunner, King1, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Idiot

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what da fook is this thread?

D-rock likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oops, sorry @D-rock , didn’t realize you were the OP. Classic speculative thread! my bad ;)

D-rock likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The fact that you think Lebron just wants to appear in movies shows you don't understand his motivations.

https://www.fastcompany.com/company/springhill-entertainment

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not what I think.

I said he wanted to chase a 'Hollywood career' and you bringing this up proves that point. I didn't say he just wanted to appear in movies. I brought up other players appearing in movies to show you didn't need to be in LA to do anything in Hollywood.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It really isn't that. I think they are both alphas (regardless of how some of you view Lebron) and Houston is James Harden's team. It was never going to be anyone else's team, even with Bron here. Even if Bron was not pursuing his LA glamor, I don't think he would of chosen the Rockets for this very reason.

When he went to Miami, even though Wade was the guy there, Bron was young, entering the prime of his career and he likely knew he could easily take that Alpha role from Wade. In Houston, he was technically coming at tail end of his career and he was not going to take the ball away from Harden at all.

It's no different than all you guys that were mad about Butler ghosting Houston and choosing Miami. Butler sees himself as alpha dog and even though he had conversations with James, he likely had a hard time wanting to be 2nd or 3rd fiddle and chose to ghost Houston altogether. You have to realize that a lot of NBA players have huge egos. Most egos are checked once they realize they are not top dog in the NBA, but the top 5 players in the league, they definitely will not take a lessor role that easily, especially if they already have a championship, hence why CP3 swallowed his pride and decided to come to Houston knowing he was at the end of his prime.

DM'sVP and 34to11 like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just having an little bit of fun at Lebron's expense.

It was too good of a brain teaser from @Clutch not to share.

LOL

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

If we got LeBron, we probably would have had to let Paul go.

... That said, Harden and LeBron with that supporting cast would have still been straight up unfair. If you recall, in 2018 when our starting lineup was healthy, we were a ridiculous 55-4 or something, and by many advanced metrics, one of the very best teams in NBA HISTORY. Then you replace Chris Paul with fuggin LeBron James??? That team would have wrecked the NBA as long as LeBron's 3-pt shooting remained respectable.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Boris Diaw 2.0

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice thought but only chance to sign Lebron was due to his friendship with CP3.

Point moot anyway.

ElPigto likes this.
  14. raspar

raspar Member

More like he won't make it out of the 1st round.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Talking to yourself in the mirror again, I see.....

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

James (Harden that is) is in his prime, and this has been HIS team since he got here.
    I'm sure Morey knew that the 'other' James, (as in LeBron) would want to be King (the Chosen One) if he were to come here.
    Too many alphas. I believe it would have been a bad pairing.
    LBJ likely also knew that too

bmelo, FrontRunner and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. 34to11

34to11 Member

Seems a bit ironic to not want "drama" but do want Jimmy Butler.

#37 34to11, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    bmelo, FrontRunner and Remlap like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What's with all these lame tweet threads?

@Clutch

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

With the "Justice and Equal Opportunity for All" movement going on, there's a good chance Portland sweeps LA in the first round with no interference from the refs that is.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Jimmy's "drama" issues stem from individuals not working hard enough to compete. I don't think he would of had that problem here and likely would have found himself worn out that he couldn't outwork the beard.