1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I use hand sanitizer or wash gloves (while wearing) with soap and water (when I can) to use the same pair gloves. Better than bare hands.

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

then you're promoting cross contamination. disposable gloves aren't made for re use. each time youre using soap or sanitizer or whatever to "wash" your gloves, the integrity gets compromised and no it's not better than bare hands. It’s actually easier to keep hands clean than gloves. but that's mainly for people that have good hygiene and are conscious of washing their hands on a regular basis

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

I love when people wear gloves and then touch all the clean and contaminated surfaces back and forth.

Gloves are supposed to protect your hands from being contaminated. Once the gloves are contaminated, you need to be careful what you touch next. Wearing the same gloves everywhere...you might as well not wear gloves..and just wash your hands.

RustyHarden and YOLO like this.
  5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For just about all glove materials washing will accelerate degradation and make the gloves more porous (all are some degree of porous anyway) faster. So, no, what you are doing is not better than bare hands with proper hygiene and sanitation procedures.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and YOLO like this.
  6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Covid19 vaccine for late this year. Legit or "stocks" move?

"The scale-up will enable the companies to supply potentially “millions” of vaccine doses by the end of 2020, subject to technical success of the development program and approval by regulatory authorities. Production could be scaled up even further, to “hundreds of millions” of doses in 2021, according to BioNTech and Pfizer."

https://www.genengnews.com/news/pfi...al-trial-for-covid-19-mrna-vaccine-candidate/

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Im talking about using the gloves for a few hours, then replacing them. They are not going to degrade enough in those few hours where they don't offer protection.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I personally think so, i know about 2 people that had the same exprience.
    I know that there are some countries that trying to develop and use smell test as indicators, a friend of mine sent me this.
    https://smelltracker.org/
    Knowing their reputation and past exprience working with people from there i'm sure that its a professional tool.

malakas likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The expected timeline has always been end of year/early next year if we're lucky (for a vaccine), but realistically most everyone is saying "sometime next year for a vaccine, if we're lucky". And no one can state anything by "end of year" when most of these drugs are in pre-clinical trials -- they could just die on the vine. The Pfizer/BioNTech combination is a legitimate combination, but I don't think they even start Phase I trials until later this month or next month. Gilead and remdesivir is ahead of everyone that I know of in that regard, but it's not a vaccine. We should know in the next couple of weeks about their Phase 3 trials. It could flop, too. Despite this, the odds are better we find a treatment than a vaccine anytime soon.

malakas and Jontro like this.
  10. omgTHEpotential

For the first time, Spain's active cases went down yesterday. From 87,312 to 87,231.

[​IMG]

#6090 omgTHEpotential, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    FrontRunner, AB423 and daywalker02 like this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks for the reply. It seems that it is indeed possible to get other flu-like symptoms without fever or cough. In a recent min-cluster among 5 Macs employees that tested positive in Singapore, 1 had no symptoms, 1 had body ache only, 2 had fever and 1 had fever and a sore throat. This thing is basically impossible to detect with any level of confidence without a test :(

malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Start with hookers and work your way into blow.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What's with the special font?

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's very interesting. With problems still getting tests if there is a set of symptoms that can be identified and different from things like the flu this could help determine who needs tests.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

One of my friends who had it lost his sense of smell and taste about 4 days after he started getting sick.

But my gf just told me she lost her sense of smell and taste a couple days ago. She tested positive for the infection 3 weeks ago and she had recovered the from initial infection. She said she was beginning to feel fatigued again too. She’s going to hopefully see the doctor today or tomorrow. She has been waiting on the results of her 2nd test for more than a week.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

SARCov2 is such a dang challenge. Still so many questions. Are these "re-activation" contagious? Was it just false negative (20-30% of the time they are!)? I'm glad the Korean CDC is looking into this... good chance they will provide timely public info about their finding soon.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Everybody who gets the Covid-19 vaccine this year...first you will grow horns, next you will “bah”, and then you will die.

Kim likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I saw this weekend on MSNBC a nurse who has still been testing positive THIRTY DAYS after first testing positive. WTF.

Mazulis likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If the testing doesn't get more accurate with time, we're essentially running circles.

Mazulis likes this.