1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else excited?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2020.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm excited. I'm all in for micro ball, I have to be or give up my fandom.

snowconeman22 and napalm06 like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m happy we finally have two elite perimeter defenders on the court with Harden and Russ.

Bo6, ElDobleK and roslolian like this.
  3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm really excited for Tilman Fertitta.

He dodged the luxury tax for the second year in a row.

juanm34 likes this.
  4. JackLordsHair66

I’ll let you know after I know what the margin of defeat will be tonight lol

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm def excited. At least when MDA gets kicked out the door he has 0 excuses, Morey got him the roster he always wanted.

Bruno/Tucker/Roco/Harden/WB with Hartenstein/EG/Rivers/House/Bmac as backup. That is really solid assuming MDA can get Bruno's head on straight. It would have been better if we got Xtian Wood as insurance but I guess Rox now need to look for scraps in the buy out market.

#25 roslolian, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    jcmoon and smp like this.
  6. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Yea I’m really excited to see if this actually works . This could be a defining moment and the future of how teams going to look ... or we suck again .

7. bmd

bmd Member

Yes, I'm excited.

But I'm also tired of the negativity and sarcastic comments on this board with any Rockets news. It's exhausting.

Patience and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’m excited to watch this team. I am not excited for the future of this franchise. Hard to separate those two.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Let’s enjoy Harden and Westbrook while we have them. After that... there’s no more excitement for Rockets fans for a while and it’ll be tanking season! :)

TimDuncanDonaut and J Sizzle like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s also exhausting watching the present and future of the franchise be consistently undermined by the owner.

11. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

I
    Is that you Morey?

12. RCPM

RCPM Member

I'm so excited, I just can't help it...

13. smp

smp Member

It should be interesting. Someone is finally going to try an all guard team for half a season. Let’s see what happens!

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm interested to see how this plays out ....

Theoretically , it could work .... 3 is greater than 2.

But for that to work , you need a team of sharpshooters surrounding Harden and Westbrook and we really don't have that , we have average at best shooters.

There will probably be nights when teams are forced to match up to the small lineups and others where those small lineups shoot themselves out of games , just have to hope there is more of the former than the latter.

What really has me on pins and needles is the huge risk Morey just took. What happens if this doesn't work ? Does Tilman fire him ?

The more I think about it , this commitment to going small all the time in conjunction with the China issue earlier this year - Maybe Morey see's the proverbial writing on the wall and is gonna go out his way or not at all , you don't take risks like that when you are comfortable your job isn't at risk.

Win and you are the hero , lose and you lost nothing if you were out the door anyway.

My biggest issue with going small all the time is the wear and tear its going to put on Harden and Tucker .... they are probably going to be guarding those opposing bigs. Can they hold up ? An injury to either of those guys .... and they are done.

Wondering what Caboclo brings ? .... probably have to wait 3-4 weeks to find out since he's injured. MDA probably shoulda played him at the 5 to begin with .... Hate that they parted with Clark too , he has potential in this smallball style.

Buy out market ? Can they land a rotation worthy player ?

Watching Harden jump center the other night .... I couldn't help but laugh.That's the first time since 1963 a team didn't field a player over 6'6" .... Yeah , they won and even dug themselves out of an early hole but that was Charlotte , not the Lakers or Bucks - those are big teams and talented.

Guess its fitting they face the Lakers tonight .... first game after fully committing to small ball all the time and they face probably the leagues biggest frontline, lets see how it goes.

travfrancis likes this.
  15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will give you 5 games into the playoffs to feel really low about this.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Possible only if the playoff is March maddness format.

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Hell no lol tf are you on

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This has never been tried before. I’m super excited.

DreamShook and ElDobleK like this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

If by excited you mean nervous, then yes.

[​IMG]