1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Dollar Short & A Day Late

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Smith, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

This new long winded breh is a dork.

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Where do I sign up Morris?

And can we get the twin as well?

roslolian likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Opium and Hope.....poor people.

roslolian and Roomba like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Another Joe Smith related post / thread is going by the wayside. tl;dr.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From the title, all the way through, another steaming pile.

6. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Literally hundreds of NBA insiders agree that Morey is an excellent (and in many cases and all time great) GM.

But HELL YEAH let’s take your opinion over a whole industry of professionals!

Who are you again?

roslolian likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joe Smith has spoken

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You can't blame Morey for Tilman's demands

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

too many people in this thread trying to be nice

Hey OP

[​IMG]

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Can you at least wait until the deadline is over before you go on some rant? Goodness.

11. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

12. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

Most basketball insiders are complete morons - look at NBA drafts for the last 20 years - you mean these guys - the NBA is the most incompetent of the major sports leagues, most GMs in the NBA are terrible at talent evaluation, just review the draft data - another uneducated fanboy of Morey!

I bet all Daryl Morey's relatives have burner accounts on here propping this incompetent GM up, otherwise you need to learn some basketball theory. Study Jerry West as a GM, and then get back to me with that claim.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

The fact that you think that a multi-millionaire (Morey) with the ability to write his ticket with any franchise in the multi-billion dollar NBA marketplace is working to get his relatives to stack a fan bbs in order to prop up his rep is the most hilariously stupid thing I've ever read in 40 years of being on the internet (well 37 years to be exact...)

#33 coyotetex, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Morey handcuffed the team with the CP3 deal - but I firmly believe that everyhing after that is because his boss is demanding something and Morey is trying his hardest to do something in a difficult setting.

I expect Morey to leave soon.

DD

15. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

Then the other alternative is even worse, this means Houston Rockets fans are not very smart as a group regarding Morey - and given a GM in Philly did this exact thing, and KD still owns a burner account, not too far fetched Morey fanboy!

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Another crybaby meltdown thread! :D

17. amaru

amaru Member

I don't put the CP3 deal 100% on Morey but I agree that's where we officially handcuffed ourselves. You had to figure CP was due to start declining pretty soon (and he as, although he's still very good)....but if we hadn't done that, Harden may have requested a trade.

18. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

"most hilariously stupid thing I've ever read in 40 years of being on the internet"

This from a guy who says he has been on the Internet for 40 years, really back when it was invented in 1983 https://www.history.com/news/who-invented-the-internet , I wonder what kind of connection you had back then, lost all credibility there buddy.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Who exactly are you quoting here? Yourself?

20. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

So if Morey makes a good move, he gets all the credit; and all the bad moves he has made as a GM, are the owner's fault?

What world do you live in - that isn't how things work. There is a thing called accountability - you must have been put on PIP a lot in your career - just keep passing the buck - it's always somebody else's fault!

Just getting 2nd jobs as a GM, doesn't mean you are a good GM - is Isiah Thomas a good GM?

Come back to me in two years when this franchise is a cellar dweller in the NBA, with no assets to speak of to improve, and tell me Morey is a great GM!