1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Real war will only occur w. Iran if the US decides to invade and attack. The USA showed in Iraq the barbaric tactic of deliberately blowing up public water supplies, sewerage treatment facilities and boycotting chlorine importation and repair supplies to provoke mass diarrhea and intestinal diseases killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children. This policy was started under the now semi-sainted departed Bush I and continued under Bill Clinton, whose Secretary of State said on live TV that 500,000 dead children were worth the pressure it put on Sadam Hussein's regime.
    PS search on youtube for Albright's admission.

2. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

I mean you said you agree with him...

3. Nook

Nook Member

Joe Lieberman spoke at the Republican National convention and supported John McCain for President. He also the leader in passing legislation for the creation of Homeland Security and he also was a strong voice in fighting against a public option in the ACA act. He is also a member of conservative think tank organizations. He also has a long history of wanting strong action taken against Iran and was against the negotiated agreement Obama reached, believing that Iran could not be negotiated with.

He was almost the FBI director under Donald Trump and he lobbies for a major Chinese national conglomerate.

Lieberman praising the assassination of a high ranking Iranian isn't at all surprising.

Rashmon, glynch, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

His opinion piece was less than entirely truthful. He discusses the President having the right to act in times of an emergency. Yet he had no explanation or even discussion of the fact that Lindsay Graham said he was aware of the attack days before it happened. That he had time to bring in the minority leader of congress and spend the days leading up to the attack informing him. There were reports that Trump even informed Putin he was going to take out an Iranian military leader.

Further he discusses drone attacks by prior President's but fails to mention that in this case we took out a military leader of another nation and not a terrorist group.

He says that the fact that all the Republicans supported the attack and all the Democrats did not.......... as proof that we live in partisan times...... but without explanation it only shows partisanship by the Democrats?

Joe Lieberman has every right to have an opinion on what happened. I even agree with him that we are in a very partisan time. He has long been critical of any negotiations with Iran..... however, he has a responsibility to be truthful if he wants to be taken serious.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. shorerider

shorerider Member

[​IMG]

6. Nook

Nook Member

Okay? I don't think anyone believes Soleimani was a great guy.

That really isn't even the issue. there are lots of ruthless military leaders around the world.

Does that mean that we should bypass Congress, and kill the military leaders of other nations around the globe in assassination plots?

We used to attack Russia and the Soviet Union for doing just that.

RayRay10, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You ever heard of a summary? Even if you did it wouldn't matter, Trump is full of ****.

Commodore likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It’s so convenient to profile brown people on the other side of the world who hate America as continual propaganda used to motivate Americans that we have to go to go over to their homeland and kill them all. Or at least all them that do not help us kill the ones that don’t hate America.

It seems people and much of the media have not learned the lessons of Iraq. You sure don’t seem to have. Dealing with the issue of anti American hate/terrorism potential is a completely separate challenge to pursue than the potential decision to commit acts of war.

The fact is with Trump supporters and GOP neocons that when you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Every answer to the Middle East is to go bomb them all to death.

I predict you’ll deny your intent here with your post but we all see it as clear as day. Your intention is to justify killing and provoking war because “see... they are all a bunch of scary terrorists” so what Trump did is justified and you all should get on board and bow to supreme leader Trump. It’s what you are doing... nobody should fall for this BS this time. MOST of us have hopefully learned something from 2004.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Sounds like someone's about to get fired.

Rashmon and Nook like this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

I agree with him saying it shouldn't work like that not about bombing sites that's why i asked the questions.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

The law of armed conflict is null and void when retaliating from a terroristic attack so any cultural sites are and should be on the table if say they do what they do best(cowardly acts) like say dirty bombing a sporting event.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So have found a reason why the United States is now better off than we were before we took out the General? Are we more secure?

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anticdotal story that has no actual meaning -

I'm on Laredo working about 2 miles from the border crossing and a soldier just walked in in his ACU with a huge CBRN shoulder patch on, which I've never seen in the wild before, and which, according to Google you are only supposed to wear when doing CBRN activities.

Maybe that's normal in Trump's America - I haven't been down to the border in 3 or 4 years. Good on them for being vigilant, I guess but I think I'm about ready to GTFO Laredo if they feel the need for that sort of protection.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why would you bomb a cultural site as retaliation for a dirty bomb.

How does that help anything?

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bet it goes over great with the people who were forwarding Facebook posts about forcefeeding pork to inmates at Gitmo 10 years ago.

Nobody's talking about Impeachment.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.