1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Caprah

Caprah Member

He was 5-9 from the 3 pt line Lin troll.. or should I say ashleym

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The game in Phoenix wasn't all that good.

The game in Sacramento wasn't all that good, and the 4th Q was bad.

Those were 2 wins and people won't bother to look deeper.

The 65 team with CP3 would have blown them out by at least 20.

Simple as that.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No he didn't. Do you want him going 2 on 1? He tried that a few times and it led directly to turnovers. The refs aren't blowing the whistle for him either anymore. What would you like for him to do offensively?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Counterpoint .

We won 56 games giving meaningful minutes to Joey Dorsey , Tarick black , kostas papanikolau , Nick Johnson .

I dislike Tilman STRONGLY .

I think he IS constraining Morey and hurting us .

However , I still think the coach has to use the players we have . If they suck really bad when they are on the floor , you can show that to ownership and have an argument .

But right now we don’t know if Clark or Hartenstein are legit worse than Joey Dorsey or Tarick black because we don’t give them consistent pt , or even consistent chances

Houstunna and ak99999 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Great. Would have loved more attempts from him.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not exactly a fan of Mike and tbh i would welcome another coach (assuming it wouldn't be a random scrub of course) at this point, but if this game is not on the players, then i don't understand **** about basketball.

BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

He's referring to allowing someone to bring the ball up the court like Westbrook and Harden running off the ball around screens and curls to get quick open looks outside of just iso ball. It also makes the offense less predictable where the defense can zone in on where their positions should be. Causes more chaos for the defense as they have to fight through more screens and have to make quick split second decisions on whether to switch or fight through screens. It's how the great scoring guards like Jordan and Kobe scored when they were doubled on isos.

ak99999 likes this.
  8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

giving harden a screener, whether it's on ball or off ball is not as advantageous anymore, when u have russ the decision maker and not cp3. cp3 would be able to find the open man after that off ball screen but i highly doubt russ can... russ is only good with on ball screens where HIS man is getting picked. off ball screens would just be bringing the double team to harden with another rocket nearby so then there's even less space to maneuver, especially now that illegal defense doesn't exist like in the 90s. harden won't be touching the ball at all if he's off ball because the defense is just going to camp with harden no matter what.

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Smart loss, don’t let warriors get 1st pick.

But did anyone else see the warriors player take an intentional foul on Harden that wasn’t called then you see the warriors players complaining to refs. Funny that the officiating was soo one side that even the Warriors players had to complain the Rockets didn’t get foul calls.

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I'm sure you think this is clever, but you look even stupider than I thought. The video don't lie

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bob D'Antoni MUST GO!

[​IMG]

This is Bob O'Brien losing to the Broncos 38-3. (38-24)

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm puzzled as to why clemons got zero minutes tonite. he doesn't really miss wide open 3's. kerr's game plan was to give us wide open 3's. the guys pringles did keep on the floor were missing wide open 3 after wide open 3. pringles truly is inept.

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

MDA with Steve Nash, beautiful offense.
    MDS with Harden, predictable offense.

Seriously is it the coach or the players' problems???

14. Caprah

Caprah Member

Ok shoot over double teams or pass it out to the open man?which is more efficient?

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Bleach Report:

“Klay hurt, Steph hurt, KD gone.

Rockets still can’t beat Warriors ”

SMFH

JumpMan and ak99999 like this.
  16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Getting Gordon won't be enough. We still lack shooters. What if EG doesn't recover well from his surgery? He's also slump prone.

I want to trade for another shooter like JJ Redick. He should be available if the Pelicans decide to rebuild.

17. fchowd0311

No, how about moving without the ball. Using off ball screens and curls?

18. Caprah

Caprah Member

Says the troll who posts with multiple ids in the same thread

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Noticed that during the game.

Smh.

20. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

well, russ was put in that position and he couldn't do anything either. and he's supposed to be one of the primary playmakers and one of the best in the nba. this loss is more on the players not as much on mda.