1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about the Mooch?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SteveFrancis3, May 27, 2001.

1. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Has anyone heard where we stand in terms of re-signing Moochie? He's an excellent point guard and I'm sure there are some teams that could offer him more money and a starting role...but I hope he'll stay he're. I think the Rockets play their best w/ Moochie, Steve and Cuttino all in at the same time.

------------------

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

See we can't "hear" that he will be resigned and for how much because players can't discuss numbers until July 1. Until then people might call it tampering but I think Moochie will be taken care of somehow.

------------------
    Stevierebel

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure we can't negotiate with Mooch just yet in an official capacity, but I'm sure there have been several "hypothetical" discussions. But I wouldn't really know about that.

However, a good rule of thumb, if you don't hear a lot of speculation about where Mooch is going from the press or how Moochie has to make a big decision on his future this summer from the press, thats a good thing.

I think a lot of teams will be scared off pursuing him because they may feel he is almost certain to resign in Houston, and they would ratther pursue other Free Agents that they have a better chance at getting.(see Finley, Michael - A top-notch free agent who won't get much press or offers because he's almost a lock to resign in Dallas).

------------------
    Charles Barkely on the Raptors defeating the Knicks in Round 1 :"I think it was the Lord. The Lord was with the Raptors. You know the Knicks like to talk so much about religion, but I think the Lord was a Raptor fan."

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

im pretty sure we'll resign him, i mean how can we not after seeing his hippie clothes after that last game of the season?

------------------

5. ROCKETS1972

ROCKETS1972 Member

mooch is perfect for his roll on the team
    and because Anderson will probaly move on to another team. The Rockets will need to keep him
    if other teams start bidding for his services and I know they will mooch could get as much as 4 million a season with us
    but if we sign a big free agent like
    webber he could sign with another team
    like all other free agents it is a wait and see game

------------------

6. Houstone

Houstone Member

I heard moochie say on a interview that he wants to stay here in Houston because, he says this is where he got his oppurtunity to shine.

7. rocketdude

rocketdude Contributing Member

mooch better stay with the rockets the croud loves him and when he comes in the rockets play a hole differnt game the players love him and so do all the fans we got his nba game started he owes us we cant lose are energizer if so the rockets are going down and we wont even be as good as we were last season

------------------

8. rock

rock Member

The Mooch is here to stay!

------------------

9. Houstone

Houstone Member

I saw Moochie at the Comets game.

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I hope Moochie stays, but I'm kindof worried that he may end up bolting . . . he loves it here (apparently), but I'm worried that he'll snatch up an opportunity for more money and a starting role somewhere else . . .

------------------
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

11. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

He may have some loyalty because the coaching staff took some time with him and a stress problem. He just couldn't sleep.

I have head to expect him to sign in the area of 2 million.

------------------

12. Houstone

Houstone Member

I'm growing a fro, for dedication for the Mooch.

13. DJ

DJ Member

Moochie Norris has said in a chat on the CBA website that he would love to remain on the Houston Rockets for the rest of his NBA career. Norris said the only other team he might consider is the Washington Wizards because he is from Washington, DC.

------------------