1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Wow. Hope Bregman comes though for his grandfather. Sad.

King1 likes this.
  2. mikol13

Supporting Member

3. mikol13

Supporting Member

4. bulldog48

bulldog48 Member

Greinke scares me. He always has a lot of traffic on the bases. In his last 9 innings he has given up 10 hits and 7 walks hence his WHIP is 1.60. Hopefully he has great control tonight or it could be an uphill battle.

5. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Because we absolutely are and there really isn’t a close second team right now...

A) How many teams that are considered dynasties (not saying we are one yet, check back tonight for the answer) are liked by other fans/teams? How many people do you think that aren’t fans of the Patriots or Warriors have rooted for them in the past couple of years? People hate seeing the same team win.

B) Our management (e.g. Lunhow, the asst. GM that just got fired, and even Hinch to a certain extent) and several of our stars (e.g. Bregman, JV, Correa, etc.) have massive egos which pisses off fans of lesser teams even more, especially those that we’ve defeated during this run. FYI I have no problem with this as I believe there is a strong correlation between winning/being good and having a bit of an ego or supreme confidence.

C) The Osuna trade and teams obsessing over us stealing signs, etc. show we don’t give a f*** about anything but winning...which is the case with 90% of the other teams in all of sports but those teams aren’t actually winning so no one cares they’re doing similar things. Kind of like the Patriots...

6. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Likewise...as long as we are winning that is. The same could be said about the Pats as well...I remember rooting for them in the SB their first year making it. I think they may have been underdogs even...

edit: I knew they probably underdogs since they played that great Rams team but WOW I did not realize they were 14 point underdogs that year. To those saying the Astros are choking because they were -200 favorite to win this WS...LOL

#10246 Htown Stros, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. JackLordsHair66

Yeah last game had me worried even though he managed to get out of trouble in most every spot, he needs good run support, we got into Sherzer first game but also Cole had a bad game (for him), really concerned/fearing Sherzer is gonna have one of those games, but LET’S HOPE NOT !!

8. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

If the Astros are up by a run late in the game, trust your bullpen and let them close it out or go with Cole who hasn't come out of the bullpen since college and hope for the best?

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That says it all.

10. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Honestly, that's the approach I am taking for the game. The immense disappointment I felt last night is not something I want to repeat. Don't want to get my hopes up like that again.

plates300 likes this.
  11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

12. HookemHorns1250

Grienke cracks me up in those interviews man

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Easy, trust your rested bullpen. I think Cole is there for the middle innings if Greinke gets pulled early. Similar to Kershaw in '17.

punkoholic likes this.
  14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Can Greinke be our next CFM?

Wouldn't mind calling him ZFG for now on

Theking and BleedsRocketRed like this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Does Backe not have any weddings to fight at in his itinerary? I keed.

I wonder if he had to buy his own ticket or did the Astros give him one?

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  16. HookemHorns1250

Ride your bullpen. Harris/Smith/Osuna have been outstanding during the playoffs. Harris gave up a home run after a long delay. Not saying he should just be let off the hook completely, but he's been our best reliever all year long. I trust those guys. You're taking a big risk by bringing in Cole in a late inning type situation. If Grinke doesn't have it early, then sure go to Cole and see how long he can go. If Grienke can some how go 7, then just ride the bullpen.

punkoholic and BleedsRocketRed like this.
  17. plates300

plates300 Member

Wanted to go to the game tonight but I used my lifeline for tickets last night. Let’s. Freakin. Go. Astros.

Theking and HookemHorns1250 like this.
  18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I am.

Theking likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Finished work at 5:30, getting a workout and dinner in before the game.

I sure hope we all go to sleep happy tonight!!!

Go Astros!!

Rodman23 and HookemHorns1250 like this.