1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That happened at Les Alexander's (a man apparently quite fond of horses) discretion, not because of enormous public pressure brought on by a series of malicious acts and lies.

Nook and Wulaw Horn like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Everybody keeps saying Taubman was drunk.

Do we have any confirmation of that?

Just because people are spraying champagne and beer everywhere doesn't necessarily mean everybody was drunk. Especially drunk enough to excuse that behavior.

Invisible Fan and KePoW like this.
  3. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I think the same social pressure is applicable here. This could of been nothing. This is no different than CBA/China asking for Morey's dismissal. And the fact the SI writer supposedly demanded a retraction from Astros proves it

4. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

A proper apology may have smoothed things over with an(investigation by MLB) and wouldn't have resulted in ESPN pumping this headline via their APP and the firing, overall distraction. I hope everyone has learned to be a bit more sensible in positions of power

Invisible Fan and raining threes like this.
  5. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Also horses die racing on the reg. That was a crock of lol. Sorry not sorry to Les's wife

6. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

If that's how the media is going to frame this, then Taubman will indeed have a hard time getting in the door at any MLB organization. They're all eager to prove that they aren't retrograde when it comes to DV.

7. fiersdownbelow

No they aren’t stupid.

And I’m glad you think a man with a family shouldn’t be allowed to work. I guess he should be standing out on a street corner somewhere begging for food from judgmental fakkits like you. I’m sure you’re quite the saint yourself.

Bearded13 and raining threes like this.
  8. fiersdownbelow

Cringiest post in this 40-page thread. You’re a cuckold.

Bearded13 and raining threes like this.
  9. likestohypeguy

:eek:

<slowly backs out of thread>

Bearded13 and jiggyfly like this.
  10. Major

Major Member

Proves what exactly? Why shouldn't she demand a retraction? The Astros defamed her and tried to damage her career. And without public pressure, it might have been the end result, as there would have been no investigation that proved they were wrong.

The Astros deserve whatever bad PR and other crap they have to take because they did something stupid defending the guy and making accusations without a proper investigation.

elrond, arkoe and DonnyMost like this.
  11. raining threes

Hopefully not for long.

Everybody in the org should give canned answers. Something like I support the guy who closes games for us. Now take you and your agenda/bracelet and go write another story.

This should happen everyday she reports from the clubhouse until the day she leaves town.

Dont talk to her because you cant trust her and are only giving her more ammunition to use against the org.

12. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

What is it to draw light on this issue if she was willing to drop it for.... I'm talking about before her story went live... What was her end game?

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Alyson is great, so I disagree.

The members should give canned answers. What they shouldn't do is randomly yell at a reporter because they support domestic violence victims.

Nook likes this.
  14. AstrosRockets1818

I see her all the time in Houston. Can’t wait to see her again.

raining threes likes this.
  15. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I'm not sure the order of events but the piece was literally, drunk executive spoke loudly towards a notable female whom is passionate(when it matters) about DV. During a ****ing celebration. If she was willing to drop it on certain terms it says a lot

16. NBA_fan_2018

NBA_fan_2018 Member

Player / Media relationships are all about trust. If the players didn't trust her, she wouldn't have a job writing about them.

They trust her.

17. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

We goofed the moment we acquired him. And we took **** for it once. This isn't some massive widespread toxic culture of misogyny or whatever else they've portrayed since this caught fire

raining threes likes this.
  18. raining threes

Dont know, Dont care

She's not to be trusted and should be treated as such.

19. raining threes

They're stupid for trusting her.

Houstunna likes this.
  20. raining threes

Me too

And she should be treated with respect, but every Astros fan should tell her how glad they are to have Osuna on the team anytime they see her, wherever she is.