1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Ant-Man 3: Quantumania

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Kevin Feige cryptically teases Ant-Man 3: "The chess pieces were arranged very purposefully after Avengers: Endgame"

By Jack Shepherd 14 hours ago News

Could an Ant-Man 3 announcement come as part of Phase 5?

[​IMG]
    (Image credit: Marvel)
    Marvel Phase 4 has already taken shape, but there are a few players absent from the line-up, namely Ant-Man. The super-sized hero appeared in two solo movies, yet a third – a movie that would round off the trilogy – has not been announced. Does that mean we've seen the last of Paul Rudd's cheeky Scott Lang? Not quite.

Speaking to the New York Times as part of a profile on Rudd in support of his new doppelganger movie Living With Us, head of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige spoke cryptically about a third Ant-Man. “The chess pieces were arranged very purposefully after Endgame," Feige said. "Those that are off the board are off, and those that are still on, you never know.”

Ant-Man played an integral role in Avengers: Endgame, bringing quantum technology to the Avengers facility, which allowed the superhero team to save the day. After attending Stark's funeral, Scott was seen enjoying quality time with his daughter. With that in mind, Ant-Man's at a point where – should that chess piece not be used again – his story is relatively complete. However, the director of the two Ant-Man movies, Peyton Reed, has previously spoken about a potential third movie.

"I personally do have a trilogy arc in mind for them," Reed told /Film. "Some of which I share with Marvel, and some of which I haven’t."

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What more could Antman still have to give? Previous solo movies were meh and this doesnt entice me in the least.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i expect all marvel movies going forward to tackle the issue of life after cap and tony.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad to see another one. I’ve liked the ant-man movies, especially the first one. In a bubble, it was a great heist movie with a unique spin.

clos4life likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh...Ant-Man movies are always low stakes movies that I never watch more than once

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You could say the stakes in fact are... miniscule.

Comic books movies with humor are the best ones, for this viewer. The first antman and Ragnarok are two of my favorite marvel movies.

clos4life and arkoe like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Ragnarok was great...my meh attitude to these movies is mainly because Ant-Man is a meh character to me...right above the likes of Hawkeye

B-Bob likes this.
  8. runamok

runamok Member

Miniscule within Antman- however the technology opened the door for Endgame. Ant-Man is not for all, I am not the type to go see it at Theatres, yet my senses tell me maybe that the tech involved will open up other avenues again???....
    Quantum-dimensions open- here comes crazy baddies-- X-Men/Fantastic 4/X-Factor pop up....all hell breaks loose

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Xerobull

10. Xerobull

Ant-Man’s daughter.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Given the lack of good movies, the Vault is a decent heist movie for heist fans in this void. Antman should stay focused on it's heist roots.

DreamShook and Uprising like this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What should they steal this time?

13. Bono

Bono Contributing Member

declaration of independence. then you bring Nic Cage into the MCU

dmoneybangbang, Amshirvani and Jontro like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Not a bad idea

[​IMG]

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm glad Paul Ruud is getting another Ant Man movie. I've enjoyed them and their humor. I cannot wait for a potential End Game summary by Luis.

With that being said, I sort of thought that Ant Man would be a good character for a Disney Plus series. A sort of caper of the week series that ties together something semi-important in the new MCU mythos.

dmoneybangbang and DreamShook like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I watched that last night. Decent is a stretch. It is as formulaic and predictable as it gets. One good thing is it did get a couple legit laughs out of me because of some especially bad lines.

I would recommend it as a movie to have on in the background. It's not worth carving out 2 hours of your life.

17. Xerobull

I really liked the Ghost Rider movies for the time they came out in. Cage did a good job.

Exactly.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ant-Man 3, and we’re still on Black Panther 1

I want to see how they’re going to work around Chadwick Boseman’s tragic death

Jontro and DreamShook like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

With all these above avg to mediocre Marvel TV series, I'm having trouble finding a place or excitement for this movie.

robbie380 and DreamShook like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I love the heist genre! I wish it would come back.

DonkeyMagic likes this.