1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcellus Wiley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by World B Free, Mar 3, 2004.

1. World B Free

World B Free Member

THIS IS THE GUY WE NEED.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was San Diego's best DE this year, and a huge FA signing for them before that.......... he has fallen out of favor with the coaches and was cut at the deadline........

with the re-signing of Gary Walker this would really be a big step at improving our D-Line.......... with Payne's return.....

Walker -- Payne -- Wiley

I like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

That is why San Diego can't win anything. Their front office is a joke. Why would you cut your best defensive player when your defense is one of the worst in the game?? Its crazy.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I really don't think he's big enough to play DE in the 3-4, plus, he's going to cost a ton of money. On another note, I just saw a piece about athletes and sex on Sportscenter and he currently has the numbers of 47 sluts that he hooks up with in different cities when on the road.

4. World B Free

World B Free Member

so Kearse is fine to play DE in the NFL at 255, but Wiley is undersized..........?????????????? Wiley is about 10 pounds lighter than Walker and about the same as Payne..............

I don't think his size is an issue...... he would give us a quick DE to rush the passer and HE WAS THE BEST DE ON THE CHARGERS TEAM........he has already proven he can play DE in this league....................

as for his "sluts" list.........WTF Cares ??? Wilt Chamberlain had a list like that and he played alright for his career........... don't hate just cuz you ain't gettin any............

SIGN WILEY TODAY, and Winfield......move Coleman to Safety, that Defense is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over last season

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Speaking of Kearse's size, why couldn't he play linebacker in the 3-4? Did you know that guy started at Florida as a Free Safety. He's a freak.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF ADD SAPP TO THIS LIST.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Speaking as a resident of San Diego I believe they are doing it to make sure everyone in the city hates them enough to guarantee they will be able to move to L.A. in the near future. I feel like I am in the movie 'Major League' here. Why else would they basically just give away Jr. Seau and Rodney Harrison.

Anyway .. I think Wiley would be a great pickup. In the Chargers Defense, he got all the attention and the secondary was terrible so he didnt have many opportunities for sacks with the help of good coverage. It would be a great pickup for the Texans

8. RocketFan007

World, I said that Wiley was too small to play the DE in the 3-4, not the NFL, so is Kearse. And he's 30 pounds lighter than Walker and Payne, not 10.Most lineman in the 3-4 are around 300.

pgabriel, Dom Capers as already said that Kearse is the perfect OLB for the 3-4. The problem with him is that he's going to command a TON of cash and he's rather injury prone.

#8 RocketFan007, Mar 3, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  9. World B Free

World B Free Member

as for Wiley's size and his ability to play DE in the 3-4

the BALTIMORE RAVENS also run a 3-4 and have ZERO DE's over 300 pounds......

Wiley is 6'4" 275, Walker is 6'2" 305 and Payne at 6'4" 303

Baltimores front 3

6'2" 280, 6'3" 290, 6'0" 310

Atlanta also runs a 3-4

Kerney 6'5" 273, Brady Smith 6'5" 274, Ellis Johnson 6'2" 288

I think this proves that you have no idea what you are talking about..........

let me know if you have anymore questions

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah the secondary was shaky last year but with 2 young corners it may take another year or two. The front line and the QB position are the biggest need for the Chargers.

11. RocketFan007

Capers runs the 3-4 a little differently than the other teams in the NFL, he perfers lineman that are at or above 300 pounds as evidenced by the current roster. Of the DL that actually played last year Walker was the lightest at 305. The rest (Sears, DeLoach, Martin, Ioane) are all 320. The only other DL in the roster are 285 and 290, but neither plays. If you don't believe me, here's the roster. I think I know what I'm talking about.
    http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.cfm

12. drapg

drapg Member

The "cutting" of Marcellus Wiley made my day this morning.

During today's "Sex in Sports" segment on the morning "Sportscenter", they interviewed Wiley, who was discussing how great it is to be a pro athlete and how many "groupies" he has in different towns. At one point, he busted out his cell phone to show the "digits" of all of his "hos"

At that precise moment in time, the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen reported that Marcellus Wiley had been cut by the Chargers. Meanwhile, this clown is laughing it up about his groupies on the segment.

Greatest. Juxtaposition. Ever.