1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are china and chinese fans so sensitive?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, Oct 6, 2019.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How can someone voicing an opinion be taken so sensitively?

I didnt realize how emo chinese fans are.

Im trying to think of a tweet that would get my panties in a wad like this and I just cant. Help me out here.

Whats the deal seriously this is some baby asss stuff here. Come on china grow a pair

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

See my thread about "Americans don't understand Chinese and Chinese don't understand Americans."

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

You are right as an american I dont understand why these chinese are so sensitive.

these karate movies they sure look like bad asses and then here running to mommy about a tweet

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s the product of propaganda and living under a nationalist regime. They think what their government tells them to think and anyone or anything that deviates from that is seen as an attack.

No Worries, dachuda86 and IBTL like this.
  5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I really wouldn't call it sensitive.... It's more about their culture...

When I was stationed in Japan and I was studying Judo and aikido everything was about honor.. So things that seemed not that important to us Americans was very important to them...

So the biggest issue is we are looking at their culture and their way of doing things from an American perspective and not from a Chinese perspective. Unfortunately, we try to change every culture to be an american culture and that's why we are hated so much in a lot of countries....

T_Man

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Territorial integrity and sovereignty are among the most important things to Chinese people, there is hundreds of years of history of them fighting for these things it's extremely sensitive.

Americans don't have a history of being invaded by other countries, they value other things a lot more that's understandable. For Chinese people it's a completely different story. Hongkong, Tibet, etc all included.

If one day Taiwan declares independence, and CCP government do not try to, or fails to take it by force, they will not be able govern the Chinese people anymore.

Check out the Anti-Japan riot from 2012, triggered by the dispute of the tiny Diaoyudao Islands.

No Worries and IBTL like this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This really isn't the best example, but "hot take" opinions on the Rockets from fans of basketball I talk to that get their opinion from media pundits that have a heavy West Coast bias can upset me. They'll spew dumb takes like Harden exploits the rules, he travels, he chokes in the postseason, his usage rate skews his stats heavily, he doesn't play defense, he's too gimmicky, he's too selfish because they hear it from their sports news outlets. That pisses me off. And it's over basketball.

Yet here I am criticizing people that hold a lot of nationalistic pride and don't like when outsiders criticize their homeland, whether those criticisms are valid or not.

IBTL likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think there is "both sides" equivalence to this. Half this country loves it when foreigners **** on our president including me. That isn't the same with Xi because they actually live in a autocratic regime where even verbal dissent is quickly squashed. We here are free to **** on our politicians. 90% of the late night talk shows in the states **** on the current regime in power in our country. Those late night hosts would be in prison if they were in China and doing the same to Xi.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...Republicans/Conservative are the same way. People whose position are rigid, discriminatory, Not accepting of different ideas are usually thin-skinned and hateful of people that have different views. Republicans/Conservatives don't like different ideas, people of different background/ethnicities/religions UNLESS they express views IDENTICAL to theirs. IF those immigrants were reliably Republican/Conservative voters with or without stable incomes, they would FLY them across the boarder.

Freedom only means freedom to believe what Republican/Conservative view as America.

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Oh I don't envy the lives of even wealthy privileged Chinese living there. I'm not particularly religious but I do think people that are should be able to exercise that freedom as long as it doesn't infringe on the freedoms of those that choose not to participate. Organ harvesting of Muslims isolated in internment camps is a bigger humanitarian concern to me than sovereignty rights of Hong Kong with the PRC. Although both are valid criticisms against the Chinese government given their actions in both.

IBTL, dachuda86 and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Exactly.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Agree, except I would extend this to the left as well who freak out if you don't automatically fall in line with their views. Any group tied to a bubble and false reality get pissy when you challenge it. That said, the Chinese take authoritarian propaganda and idea control to a new level beyond that of political theater. They are communists who seek to have their ideology stand alone and be the dominant control factor. This is why they are dangerous and oppressive and force people and companies to fall in line with their communist party agenda. This is why they go after religion and this is why they go after dissenters. Now they are flexing their political and financial muscles and we need to see if American companies are going to bend over or stand up to them. Sadly I suspect people here will be more than happy to bend over for the communist party in China.

I need to say this and believe me I am not hyperbolic. This is a direct confrontation between the NBA, Morey, the Rockets, the fans and the Communist Party of the PRC. So essentially...

This is a direct confrontation with Communism.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  13. Senator

Senator Member

Democracy does not work everywhere

In the middle east and China and Africa ... they need to be told what to do , what their role is, status etc. to have a functioning society. Yes, most still are seduced by consumerism, but only to distract them from their "roles".

14. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Here is China's POV: we are more sensitive, triggered and outraged by all the social justice warriors in the US combined. But we have the money and market. So get on your knees and apologize or we will cancel you faster than you cancelled Roseanne.

They've been doing this to hundreds of companies and government. Unfortunately. It works.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

China should ban basketball, a sport of American origin.

IBTL and dachuda86 like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is the real reason Chinese fans are so angry...

17. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

05AD386D-1CE7-4DE5-8863-BA5D7D947B3A.gif

IBTL likes this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

Do you have ANY idea how ironic this statement is?

dachuda86 likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah, they should invent a sport that benefits their strengths. Rather than exploiting their weakness...

IBTL likes this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks this makes sense.
    Still it definitely shows the nature of sensitivity.
    Censorship and financial influence was there well before china influence. The money is from everywhere not just china and it buys influence.

Just like the oil crisis in 70s and then looking internally it feels like a few things are going on good and bad

1) more connected ..folks know more about other places than in past.
    2) china consumer and business side coming of age
    3) more influence of money ..naturally that influence would include china same way we get influence from Saudi russia etc.
    4) realization to buy usa. This seems to be a big one. Starting to look internally like we did for oil independence.

Maybe moreys comment will spark the idea that we all need to remember free speech and this idea of internal..but maybe without that china money the business is flat? Oh well if they are willing to drop over a tweet then I think Im ok spending a tad more to not get something made in china. Sounds like the relationship is pretty fragile. THEY need to sell us their crap doo hickies more than we need it. 99% is junk..
    The quality is crap , slave labor. Morey is doing us all a favor. China pollutes as well to get us our cheap plastic lead laden garbage. No thanks we need to move on..
    Once again thanks morey and go rockets