1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBA announced ban all rox games, halt relationship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shanghai_noon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The masters of business in China are the rejects that couldn’t thrive in the free world. Good riddance.

2. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

So, they can't see the finals this year.

bmd, treyk3 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. kevtse

kevtse Member

Perfect demonstration on what the infamous #chinazi mean.

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Thank you, next. Money and brotherhood comes from all sorts of places. Sadly, Yao Ming, your American reputation is at stake.

5. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

The chinese government is an evil terrorist organization.
    Wrong. More than half supports Trump now including this brown immigrant man (former democrat and former Trump hater). Trump also has one of the highest, if not highest approval rating for a president in history among Republicans (95%) . To act like most Republicans only support him because there is a R next to his name is the opposite of the truth. Fundraising and voter enthusiasm among Republicans is also at an all time high. His campaign is destroying all others in fundraising. He also has massive campaign rallies everywhere he goes while the democrat rallies are empty and their fundraising is a tiny fraction of Trumps.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Streisand Effect coming for China after this.

7. seeingred

seeingred Member

If it's "brainwashing" then it's 5,000 years of brainwashing. For a country that has only known two options: Absolute rulers or Civil War, absolute rulers seems like the better deal. Russia is much the same way and it's no coincidence that Communism sunk its roots deepest in countries that had no concept of free speech, democracy, checks and balances, etc.

China is slowly creeping towards capitalism but is determined to prevent the chaos Russia experienced in the 90s. Opening the economy while still restricting personal freedom is tricky because you inevitably create another power hub (besides the state) in the form of wealthy upper and middle classes.

China -by definition- isn't ready for western style democracy until those classes grow large enough to challenge the gov't.

8. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Don’t be going to China DM.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what was bogus talking about?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I trust Yao's real feelings won't be displayed in public
    Stay safe Yao

12. xiaolulz

xiaolulz Member

Well, out of all the Chinese celebrities I can think of, Yao is probably the most nationalist one, like bar none.

If Yao's real feelings could really manifest right now, it would be him whipping DM's ass HARD.

and not in a gay way

dlite316 likes this.
  13. tuoxieman

tuoxieman Member

It's actually very simple:
    you come to a country to make money, respect their culture and value and don't do dumb **** regarding it.
    you challenge their bottomline to state your stance, then come back with your pride and don't expect profit with them anymore.

it's a simple 1 of 2, you can't have both.

dlite316 likes this.
  14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I can't believe Morey would wrote something like that. EVERYBODY knows there is a difference between the Chinese government and the US government, one is a communist and the other is democracy. This is why EVEN the NBA is stressing that through sports, not politics that we can bridge this gap and relationship. And now you want to burn this bridge through sports as well, the ONLY channel? Really Morey? You're a moron! Living in America, I know everybody is pro-HK in the Western world because they support democracy. But HK ain't a part of the Western world once it got handed back to China. And so they should stay out of it and let China decide to sort things out, they're powerful enough to handle themselves. If their ruling is so bad, how did they end up being #2 economy in the world? Obviously, IT IS WORKING! By supporting the demonstration, it is seen as an interference to the sovereignty of China. China don't want democracy anymore than US don't want communist. Forcing one into another is like trying to erase one's culture for another, that ain't ever going to work.

Going forward, I don't know how they will handle Morey's situation. They either need to get rid of him and re-establish the fan base and relationship or risk of losing a lot of money (you're talking about fans, companies and players relationship as well). Not just that, but the NBA ITSELF use the Rockets mostly as a symbol of that bridge. This is a sad news for both sides.

dlite316 likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao also loved this city of Houston and people in general.
    Once a Houstonian, always a Houstonian.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hate bowing down to China, but then again, I don't have a billion dollar investment on the line that probably has a huge influence from the Chinese market.

I dislike Tilman, but I am not going to pretend that I know what it is like being in his shoes right now.

snowconeman22 and jcf like this.
  17. xiaolulz

xiaolulz Member

SURELY he still does, why the past tense?

But I'll bet good money he didnt like DM's tweet though.

Yao'd be like mumbling in his dreams these days, WHY DM, WHY?

18. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Its called midnight drunk tweeting. On his list of concerns, i'm guessing Hong Kong's liberty to Morey is somewhere between WHAT should i have for dinner tomorrow and i missed tonight's episode of Wheel of Fortune. If nobody made a big deal about that tweet, Hong Kong would probably not cross Morey's mind again until probably the Rockets next trip to Asia in 2020.

The fact that he might lose his job over this is just pure stupidity on his part. He ****ed up and i'm sure he knows it too.

19. JW86

JW86 Member

Don’t care for the attitude, simply saying what could happen. American right is also oversimplification. As an employee, usually there’s a policy in place about making political statements. Morey should’ve known better, ESPECIALLY as the team with most Chinese connections.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

morey's a boss in his own right. he say wtf he wants regardless especially when hes well within his own personal right. being butthurt about it who gives af. the rockets will survive at the end of the day.

its funny how people on this board will use comparisons to these guys as regular people just like anyone else but all of a sudden morey in this situation is different

#220 YOLO, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019