1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Midnight Game with the clippers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Aug 27, 2019.

?

You Staying up to watch this??

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Maybe 1st or 2nd Quarters.

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Got my tickets to Hawaii, I'm super stoked.

RasaqBoi and WestendMassive like this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Guess if you had a week of vacation, be cool to get a ticket, late oct thou, but im sure hawwiii hoping on a thurday night, because nobody works on the islands.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, same here. If the game starts around midnight, then it should be done by 3am, depending on the rare overtime game. That gets me to sleep by 3:30am at the latest. 5am? I’m deep into dreamland. Since I’m retired, I rarely have to get up at a particular time. Still, I can’t sleep late like I could when I was younger. What a drag it is getting old. Mick was his own prophet.

I really feel sorry for Rocket fans like @WestendMassive, who lives in Australia. Not for living in Australia, of course, which must be a trip, but when it comes to watching the games. Sometimes I’ve had to avoid scores. Probably all of us have had to in the past. It can be very difficult. I have a close friend I avoid at those times because it’s impossible for him to keep his mouth shut about a score if he knows it. He’s one of those guys who wants to talk about a flick you haven’t seen, and when you ask if he enjoyed it, the first thing he does is blurt out the ending. Drives me round the bend.

#23 Deckard, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    rhee likes this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Most of Clutchfans watching p*rn at that time.... just switch over to nba.

5. Gorki

Gorki Member

lol come on guys, I live in Turkey and every games start at 3 am at best, sometimes at 5 am. I remember the days I had watched the game and went for work or school :)) Feel for me

WestendMassive likes this.
  6. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Same here.
    I live in France and most of the Rockets game are at 3am (when broadcasted). If i’m lucky enough i’ll get up at 5 am to watch it in fast forward.
    Otherwise I have to avoid ClutchFans for the day.

WestendMassive likes this.
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

From what I've read October is the perfect time to go. The weather is great, fewer people travel then, and the prices for flights etc are lowest then. For my partner and me, it just made sense.

8. WestendMassive

It is just about impossible to stay away from the result, particularly in the playoffs. Game 6 of the finals - I stayed away from the result all day because I had meetings when the game was being played. But when I got home from work the sports news was on and spolied the result right at the second I walked in the door. It is a big effort to stay away from all sports media, as well as socials, for the entire work day and that was just demoralising.

But it's not all bad - my boss is pretty flexible around working from home and hasn't yet worked out that I mysteriously have to work from home whenever the Rockets have a big game lol

a la rockets, Deckard and dockerland like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Lakers got a nice easy road schedule.. us? Hell no. Every GD year. NBA... smdh.

Deckard likes this.
  10. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

As a fellow WA fan I know what you mean, not only staying off the internet but also avoiding texts messages from mates if anything major happens.

WestendMassive and Deckard like this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I DVR everything …. start watching an hour later and skip all the commercials. In this case , I'll watch it the next day ….I'm too old to stay up that late and expect to "try" and keep up with 3 teenagers.