1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets over/under win total is 52

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jul 25, 2019.

?

How many wins do you predict

1. Over

231 vote(s)
    90.6%
  2. Under

15 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. 52

9 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Mattician

Mattician Member

I get that people could see them as better than the Rockets. But this new "load management" philosophy will hurt their win total.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you expect the rockets not to be on load management? its only everyone else and not them. and injuries wont be part of the rockets season at all?

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This seems like it’s too good to be true. I guess they are expecting the West to be a blood bath. I just can’t see this team winning less than 52 games. This seems like a lock.

darksoul35 and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Rockets finished with 53 last year, and that was after we had complete and utter garbage playing very real minutes for the first 25 games of the season. I'm going OVER at 55-27 because the West is brutal this year, and that will counteract the fact that we have a competent lineup from 1-9 to start the season.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Mattician

Mattician Member

Everyone else and not them? I only mentioned the Clippers and Lakers.

And no. I fully expect the Rockets to try to win as many games as possible. Harden has averaged 77 games played per season as a Rocket.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

doubt it. the rockets arent exactly young and the injury bug goes through everyone at some point or another.

its never too easy and with the huge questions on how the team will change, its really not that crazy

7. Nook

Nook Member

Interesting. I have had them at 50-52 wins.

The West is tougher and deeper than last year and I’m not sure the Rockets will have the same level of focus.

I believe the Sixers will have a better record than the Bucks, who will see a lot of zone defense this season.

GermanRoxFan, javal_lon and YOLO like this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

another example of how 4 wins can take us from 4th to 1st in the west. just like last year.

4 wins over the course of 82 games can decide if we lose in the second round or make the finals.

with no real depth in our front court one has to think that an MLE player, or expanding the Westbrook trade, could be the difference maker. instead we get tax savings.

9. Nook

Nook Member

No I took the under last year. Very hard to come off a 65 win season and losing the way the Rockets did. I expected less focus and injuries.... I can’t see us winning as many games this season either.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I’m glad someone else said it. Also added depth would have allowed for fewer minutes. Instead we Chandler and McLemore.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

i just had a quick look at last years over under thread filled with the overs posts. i mean its no secret i didn't like how the summer went either. so its much less about focus/injuries for me. no way would i have taken that over last year

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I would pound the over. The main issue with the team in terms of regular season win totals is health. And with Harden and Westbrook both pretty healthy guys, downside potential is limited unlike last year.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Over - 58 or so.
    #1 seed

cml750 and javal_lon like this.
  14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

like last year when James was playing with 4 rec center guys and averaging 40ppg and we finished 4 games out of first.

the difference was playing the warriors at full strength in the second round instead of playing a depleted warrior team in the WCF.

all we had to do last year was spend the MLE to replace Ariza and that added depth would've helped us coast through some of those injuries and maybe picked up 4 more wins. would've lowered minutes and kept guys fresh for a deep playoff run.

literally its the difference between contending and pretending. but tilman doesn't understand the true value of adding just 1 great role player.

GermanRoxFan and Nook like this.
  15. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

59-23
    Russell 23-8-11
    James 33-5-6

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Harden is still dating Kardashian adjacent Jordyn Woods, under. The distractions will be too high.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

52? if everyone is healthy...that is easy money. OVER

18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Looking sharp man. I think I've seen you once at Cle. You hit the clubs often with @Rasheed?

Rasheed likes this.
  19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Clippers 67 wins
    Nuggets 66 wins
    Rockets 56 wins
    Jazz 50 wins
    Lakers 49 wins
    GS 48 wins
    Blazers 48 wins
    Spurs 48 wins

20. Plowman