1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Jump] Rockets owner not sophisticated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 17, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in the other news
    The Jump is not sophisticated

CCity Zero, Bengchu, Smacktle and 5 others like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Amin has been going in particularly hard against everything about this Russ/CP3 swap. Almost frothing at the mouth every time he talks in opposition about it.

whatever.

Ramo$e and BigShasta like this.
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

What? Applewhite didn't leave. He was shitcanned for being a mediocre, uninspiring coach with a number of embarrassing losses. They then hired West Virginia's coach, a clear upgrade. You can criticize Fertitta's ownership of the Rockets, but there's no question he has helped greatly improve the University of Houston's football and basketball programs.

joshuaao, Bengchu, Nook and 4 others like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

the last thing you should try to criticize is UH and their sports program with Tilman. He's one of the the very reasons behind the major turnaround in the first place

#44 YOLO, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  5. likestohypeguy

At the end of the day, this really isn't anything that a monocle, pipe, and one of those super skinny goatees couldn't fix.

beard4life and Plowman like this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Chachos. Though you may want to wait until to buy avocados again. https://glowsd.radio.com/blogs/restaurant-runs-out-avocados-serves-bizarre-mockamole

100% Taquito for good DF street food.

Pappas restaurants always struck me as very consistent and about 80-85 percent of the way there on quality. You wouldn't go to one for a mindblowing experience, but it'd be consistently decent, if not inexpensive.

Nothing to do with Fertitta's hospitality outlets, of course.

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Remember when the Rockets won a majority of the championships over the last 20 years?!?!?

Me neither.

I’m not a fan of the Till. But im willing g to give it a bit more time.

Ramo$e and rhee like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Simpleton. UH-caliber mind. Should stick to Hotel Management. In Kemah. Nobody likes him.

Except Tinman. Why? I don't know.

GermanRoxFan, treyk3 and J.R. like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LMAO...Incoming..5,4,3,2,1,.......

10. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

@tinman @Rasheed
    Tilman slurpers.

11. ball king23

ball king23 Member

ESPN just not figuring this out when did it hit when he made the trade or when he was number crunching or when he bought the team lol

12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

But I will say this he not afraid to go toe to toe with a legend in Pat Riley

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know about all this criticism being broadcast/posted against him, but i do know he's not a very sophisticated liar. MFer should just keep his mouth completely shut going forward

Gray_Jay likes this.
  14. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Man I remember this hot ass Latina I banged at UH. Looked a bit like Jasmine Caro.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Rasheed likes this.
  16. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

I suspect people who call him a rube will eventually get sucked in to looking stupid, much as people who used to call Jim Crane cheap have been exposed as fools.

As for calling UH athletics a shitshow, applewhite was a truly embarrassing hire, i'll give you that. But at least he owned the mistake and corrected it quickly to an impressive pivot with Holgorsen. Best remember too that he was instrumental in hiring and retaining Kelvin Sampson. So the best two coaches in UH history since Yeoman and Lewis have come on his watch.

17. pass_to_Hakeem

What has he done to prove he is “basketball savvy”?

He has his son and Daryl Morey in his ear. He sure as hell ain’t going over the tax to give Harden/ Westbrook & Gordon help.... he will think substituting Westbrook straight up for Paul was all HOU needed. Then he’ll run his “red neck angry spew” after another loss in the playoffs next year , just enough to keep the fans “interested” and believing he is concerned and will improve the team next year. Same ol Ssme

Wulaw Horn and BaselineFade like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

the applewhite hire was a tricky one. Herman had so much success with the turnaround and building it to great things, they wanted to try and do their best to keep as much culture herman and co had developed at the time. Obviously looking back, this was the wrong move but they definitely preferred to keep the next one in house to continue building towards what herman started. Now with holgorsen, theyre getting a guy who's going to set his own standards rather than applewhite who tried to emulate herman in such a way which obviously failed

19. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Was the last sentence a shot a Jerry Jones? Lol

20. brosef

brosef Member

Organization**

Also, Tillman is a cowboy?