1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of currently available 2019 free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Possibly, but you and I both know that the Rockets make their deals that seemingly come out of nowhere.

My issues at the moment are not wanting to hear about anything, just work behind the scenes, the bravado is not necessary.

I don’t fault the Rockets for not landing Jimmy. I’m not sure with all they may have had to give up that it was the right move. It’s not so much about giving up X players, I’m good with making deals if it makes you better. I think it would have been incredibly difficult to add the depth needed to make a deep run in the playoffs. The Rockets just wouldn’t have had the means cap wise to do so.

I’m really worried that Tilman has no effing clue how to run an NBA team. It’s a far cry from his other business ventures.

I’m also worried he’s keeping Morey bottled up and I think that is a huge mistake.

There are just too many questions and it blows my mind because seasons end two years ago, we all felt this team was good enough to win it all.

joshuaao, steddinotayto and xaos like this.
  2. mikol13

Supporting Member

Might be wrong, but I think Westbrook goes to Miami and that’s fine by me.

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, it was pretty weird how confident the Rockets were about this whole thing. I'm not sure if that was an effort to show Jimmy that we really, REALLY wanted him as a way of convincing him that we were the right team for him, or if it was just arrogance on the part of the organization. If Butler really was just using Harden and the Rockets as a way to get the Sixers to the negotiating table on behalf of the Heat, then that's some treacherous, trifling **** to do to a friend.

Relativist and mikol13 like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Getting Holiday and Lyles would be kinda great at this point, all things considered...but i don't expect this to happen obviously.

BaselineFade and mikol13 like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

And, like you said, Morey thought the Bosh signing was a done deal as well. Basically Morey should know by now that nothing is etched in stone (even if Butler told Harden that he's coming to Houston) until the papers have been signed and the transaction has been submitted to the NBA for approval.

6. onreego

onreego Member

For those who wanted Morris.

amaru, Vivi and JuNx like this.
  7. mikol13

Supporting Member

I’ve quietly wanted Holiday on this team for a while. Yes it’s already a position of strength, but I think he’d be huge on both sides of the ball for the Rockets.

Still need a long wing too, but agree with you.

Lyles is solid and would welcome him too.

Vivi likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol wtf is going on??? What next, JaMychal Green reconsidering the Clippers' offer to get a 2/20 deal from the Spurs?

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

10. onreego

onreego Member

I'll be looking forward to the posts about why Morey sucks for not intervening while they were reconsidering.

amaru, aelliott and steddinotayto like this.
  11. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I wonder if the Rockets will give Luc Mbah a Moute a look for the vet min (again). It worked out for the team last time, and he definitely would fill a hole in this roster, if healthy (which is everything, of course).

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If healthy, then I would definitely give Clamps (Luc) a vet min contract. Doubt he ever truly recovered from the shoulder injury though.

amaru and steddinotayto like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Any free agents the Rockets were hoping to snag cheap are now definitely going to the Spurs now that they have much more money to offer

amaru likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Can you ever have enough Hartensteins? What if one Hartenstein goes cold? What do you do? You put in the other Hartenstein.. problem: solved. Boom. Still got it.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

When he falls down and recovers to contest the three... that says enough. AND he's doing it for a bunch of losers in New York. Imagine what that kind of effort looks like when games matter.

pippendagimp and RudyTBag like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I would be happy with Greg Monroe, and Justin Holiday if they can some how go over the luxury tax to sign him.

Holiday would be better starting, and let House come off the bench. Monroe would be a great back up for clint.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

What about Kelly Oubre hometown kid?

Hank McDowell likes this.
  18. bmd

bmd Member

What's the deal with Amir Johnson? He has decent stats and is only 32. Would he be worth a minimum deal?

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

Any takers for Lance Stephenson at SF?

20. amaru

amaru Member

Only if he promises to blow in LBJ's ear when we play the Lakers.