1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Amick BOMB) - Rockets may pursue Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 7, 2019.

1. xaos

xaos Member

You could, but they're not the same comparison. I'm making the case that Westbrook brings great teams down to his level of play. Harden played with Westbrook (Westbrook brought that team down), left his team and blew up.

Harden did not go on to play with a player of Paul George's caliber after. The major point is throw in any star next to Westbrook and I still don't see them winning.

It's clear as day that every talented team (group of players) after Durant/Westbrook/Harden Westbrook has been on has underperformed.

Westbrook is great if you have a crappy team and want to make them better. But if you have great pieces around him, he brings them down.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

This trade wouldn't work, nor would any other cp3 trade to the lakers (for now). Not because the Lakers wouldn't trade Kuzma but due to the fact they have no contracts to send out to come close to matching Cp3's salary. The Lakers are over the cap and all their newly signed players cant be traded till after Dec 15.

These two trades would work and are pretty good IMO. I wonder if Miami is giving up too much tho...

One scenario I've thought of is MAVS, Rockets and OKC trade, but not sure if OKC getting too little.

Mavs - get CP3
    Rockets - get Westbrook
    OKC - gets Hardaway (18+mil, player option in 20/21) & 1 first round pick from Mavs & 1 or 2 from Rockets

3. apatel123

apatel123 Member

bring back the Phoenix Suns "Seven Seconds" style. Speed kills

javal_lon likes this.
  4. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

With all the horse sh*t stories that came out this year, i don’t believe it. Morey goes after stars if they aren’t a huge efficiency killer.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Send CP3 to the Bulls with Adams and have the Bulls send youth to the Thunder along with Gordon. Rockets get Porter and Westbrook and send a pick haul to the Thunder and a 1st going to the Bulls. Makes the Bulls competitive for a playoff spot, rockets get a SF and Westbrook, Thunder initiate their rebuild around youth with SGA, Markannen and co, and have a flurry of picks to use in the future.

6. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

I thought the Jimmy butler fit would be bad but I just see no way Westbrook can maximize his effectiveness here with the way our team is constructed.

But Morey will always go for value and return in any exchange and figure out fit afterwards.

RichieBanks likes this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Newsflash - sources tell me that that this team looking to get better is potentially interested in every player in the league who could upgrade at least one of our roster spots.

...you can check my sources. Being an insider is sooo easy.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This just in:Rockets may pursue Bronny James.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We can’t afford to stay with this roster till the deadline. We have to make a move to improve this team NOW.

Some people don’t want Westbrook fine then get RoCo.

Some people don’t want RoCo fine get somebody else.

But we must make some kind of move we haven’t done nothing since signing Rivers. And haven’t even made a move after the kawhi and PG13 fallout.

And it’s not making a move just for the sake of making a move it’s to add to this roster in some kind of way. Bcuz if we go into the season as is right now and wait till buyout market or trade deadline....we might not be sitting so pretty by then.

And I agree with most people we are damn good team right now as is damn good team the only problem is.....we haven’t got better the whole point of a off season is to upgrade the roster and we haven’t done that.

10. CertifiedTroll

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

If management thought Melo took too many mid-range shots....just wait until they bring in Westbrick.

Never reeling in that pony.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden/Westbrook would be sick...

tc0330 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

darion marley be like "lelz, dun they know i plan on doing nothing the rest of the offseason? cept for maybe some g leagers from the recycling bin."

14. amaru

amaru Member

Center to be named later = Tucker again lol

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

No God no. I do not believe this. And if this happened it would really test my fandom...

17. likestohypeguy

I'm okay with it so long as the rest of our guys understand two things: 1)Unless it's absolutely clear the opposition will get to it first regardless, defer rebounds at both ends & the FT line. All you have to do is box out your man & WB will do the rest. And 2)If WB passes it to you, either shoot it, or else get it right back to him- don't turn his assists into hockey assists. Don't mess with his triple-doubles.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Also in before the complaints against Morey when Westbrick doesn’t come here! :D

19. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Here’s what I think. I’m not a big fan of Westbrook but it puts Houston in a stronger position than their current one. Both players have bad contracts. Paul’s is only one year less than Westbrook’s but he’s almost 4 years younger and has a ways to go before he declines. One on one he’s still an elite player, which would fit well with MDA’s system.

Also, if it doesn’t work out he can be traded in a few years since he’s still young whereas Paul will be way too old for anyone to consider taking his contract. No one is taking him at the age of 35 next year so basically you’d be conceding for the remainder of Harden’s prime years of not getting any better. And most likely the Rockets would have to buy him out or give up a bunch of assets and picks to unload him, which is why they didn’t have any drafts picks this year and wouldn’t for the foreseeable future.

As for the other posters comment about way Harden, Westbrook, and Durant okayed years ago, Harden wasn’t the dominant player back then and he wasn’t orchestrating the offense back then. It was Westbrook. Now the offense runs through Harden. He’s basically the point guard, which is why Paul is so irrelevant with this team.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Except he began his decline two years ago following his MVP season. Go read the article J.R. shared. I think the only reason we can even talk about trading Chris Paul for him is because he already isn't very tradeable. Much less two years from now.