1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency rumors thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 29, 2019.

1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Lucky for him, the Pistons are just happy to make the playoffs. They haven’t won a playoff game since 2008. Something like 14 straight losses, so if they get to the playoffs and lose in 5, it will be a successful season.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adam Silver said there was discussion about a "more expansive" review system, but the competition committee was concerned with game flow.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver on early free agency deals & possible tampering: “We always knew there was some leakage and slippage around those deadlines. I think the consensus (at our league meetings) is that we need to revisit and reset those rules.”

Silver said there was consensus there is a need to review rules about when free agent negotiations begin, saying it is "pointless to have rules we can't enforce." Said there was "slippage around that."

Silver: "Everybody should have an interest in the rule of law in this league. ... I think we can do a better job, I think these are fixable issues."

Silver says there could be an opening up of the league's television deal with its partners in order to "better optimize" the product.

Silver says he isn't concerned about the number of rookies who aren't playing in Summer League this year. Calls it "unique circumstances."

Silver said the intention of summer league is to get exposure for non drafted players, called having the high draft picks play "fun." Called it "unique circumstances" that many are sitting out.

Silver: "My sense in the room today, when it comes to free agency and the rules around it, is we've got work to do." My job is to enforce a fair set of rules. I think right now, we're not quite there."

NBA commissioner Adam Silver: “Trade demands are disheartening. That’s an issue that needs to be addressed.”

Adam Silver: "In part, we are the victims of our own success. We never used to have this coverage in the offseason ... the 24/7 nature creates new pressures."

Silver: "The one strong conviction I have is we should not have rules that can't be enforced."

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I.D.I.O.T. s

D-rock likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Meanwhile dude with the Rox shirt never showed up and got no speaking part.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  8. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

[​IMG]

Dwight Howard wouldn’t mind returning to Lakers or joining Clippers
    Howard, in his 15th NBA season, would love another “shot” at Los Angeles, either with the title-contending Lakers or Clippers, per the LA Times.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I do love L.A.,” Howard said. “Staples Center is going to be rocking this season. When I played there it was rocking every night. The atmosphere is crazy, not just for the Lakers but the Clippers too.

Howard sought a trade to the Lakers in 2012, which was completed to the All-Star’s satisfaction. Despite assembling Howard and two-time MVP Steve Nash along with Kobe Bryant, LA team had trouble incorporating the center into Mike D’Antoni’s system.

After his time in Los Angeles with the Lakers, it’s been a whirlwind of a career backend for the once intimidating Howard. He spent three seasons with the Houston Rockets before burning out—later finding one-year stints with his hometown Atlanta Hawks, the Charlotte Hornets, and the Washington Wizards. Howard’s time in D.C. was cut short due to an injury, which limited to only nine games played with the Wizards.

Howard appears to be eager for a chance to play with the Clippers, as he praised the moves Doc Rivers’ team has made this offseason in the interview with the LA Times. “This is just all that hard work paying off,” Howard remarked about the Clippers’ summer, which included signing Kawhi Leonard and trading for Paul George.

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-d...mind-returning-to-lakers-or-joining-clippers/

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Former rockets Howard and melo want Lakers.

Paul 100 million buyout?

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LMAO.

Clippers and Lakers management:

"stfu Dwight.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does he do Vet minimums though?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wouldn't matter to me. Would rather have Faried.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feels like the Jazz have 20 spots this year.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So essentially, he said nothing. Hot air.

[​IMG]